The LETTER Posted at all Kingdom Halls

by Apostate Kate 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Blondie yes from what I hear it is similar and perhaps regarding blood.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

LoL, what`s this then? A prep-talk to pave the way for another doctrine-change? Dropping the blood policy alltogether, perhaps? This is gonna be interesting...

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

OK here it is;

that the society announced that their not Law and that their literature was not inspired of God it was a few weeks ago nothing on the blood
    That is all I can get from him for now but am sending in spies more on Sunday unless someone else has seen it.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

But let us never forget that the motives of this "slave" were always pure, unselfish; at all times it has been well-meaning.

Didn't someone say somewhere that the road to hell is paved with good intentions?

Frannie

I caught that too, Frannie. Must not have been a "slave" that made up that saying.....

• greendawn
    greendawn

They can never make up their mind as to whether they are spirit inspired or spirit directed or none of these two. I can't see any difference between the first two. Did they ever explain what they mean? Spirit inspired, and spirit directed?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

that the society announced that their not Law and that their literature was not inspired of God

Do you mean their law is inspired of god, & not the literature?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm lost.

Was a new letter posted at KHs? What does it have to do with the 1979 Watchtower?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

From Blondie's quote above

Because of this hope, the "faithful and discreet slave" has alerted all of God’s people to the sign of the times indicating the nearness of God’s Kingdom rule. In this regard, however, it must be observed that this "faithful and discreet slave" was never inspired, never perfect.

We are just human so don't go telling people we have absolute truth

Those writings by certain members of the "slave" class that came to form the Christian part of God’s Word were inspired and infallible, but that is not true of other writings since.

"certain" members? Can you say "the trouble-some GB members that we gave the boot to for telling us we were wrong?

Things published were not perfect in the days of Charles Taze Russell, first president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society; nor were they perfect in the days of J. F. Rutherford, the succeeding president.

Russell and Rutherford made a lot of mistakes. We have slowly gotten rid of almost everything they believed and taught

The increasing light on God’s Word as well as the facts of history have repeatedly required that adjustments of one kind or another be made down to the very present time.

Since then we have gotten a better light to show you the real truth. We keep having to change the truth to keep up with the new truth and since it all comes from God's word we KNOW we not have the truth--- well until we get a newer and bigger light

But let us never forget that the motives of this "slave" were always pure, unselfish; at all times it has been well-meaning.

Even though we have taught some things and forced you all to be obedient to what we tell you, and even if some of you died or were abused or tossed out because you knew we were wrong before we did we really meant no harm so forgive us because hey we are human and uninspired. But don't forget to be obedient

Moreover, the words found at Romans 8:28 are fitting here also: "God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose."

So since God wants us all to cooperate then you should continue to be obedient because if you are not obedient you will be going against God's purpose.

Actually, any adjustments that have been made in understanding have furnished an opportunity for those being served by this "slave" to show loyalty and love, the kind of love that Jesus said would mark his followers. (John 13:34, 35; compare 1 Peter 4:8.)

Ok let me get this straight. The F&D slave has people who serve it. That is what they said - Right?

Ummm since when do slave have slaves? Aren't the slaves supposed to be the ones doing the serving? From what I know about slavery (which isn't a lot) slaves don't have slaves.

At any rate these "adjustments" (they make it sound like such a little thing when in reality they have changed just about every single thing) but these adjustments require the slaves of the slaves to be loyal and loving. I guess that is loving to the slaves because they had to make adjustments and weren't perfect but be loyal anyways.

For those who truly love God’s law there is no stumbling block.—Ps. 119:165

So just because we have made adjustments (by changing everything) and some of you knew we were wrong before we taught you we were wrong (more like those nasty apostates caught with our hand in the cookie jar again) and even if you had a family member die or some left us (or were kicked out) don't let the past stumble you.

Cuz we still have the truth and the whole truth - well until we get some brighter truth

Isn't it amazing how much you can read into one WT paragraph?

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Man that letter makes me want to puke. So basically what they're saying is, "We are and always have been full of crap! Now, go publish magazines and never mind the fact that we've destroyed thousands of families and are also guilty of murder! After all your the numbskull that took the bait, hook, line and sinker!"

I was getting ready for dinner but I've suddenly lost my appetite.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Does somebody have a link to the full letter in its entirety or is the one posted by Blondie the complete and original letter? How was it distributed at the KH? Was it read out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit