Just want to gain insight on the overall attitude of most on here.

by stillAwitness 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

The first twenty years of my life were controlled by the "society". Half of my blood relatives (of course the ones I was closest to) are trapped in the lies of this institution. I hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. That is my attitude toward this religion. I got myself reinstated 3/4 years ago so I could more freely associate with my mother, who recently died of cancer. Of course my JW relatives were there often to visit as well (so were the non JW relatives just so you dont think that the concern for her was just a jw love kinda thing) so I didn't want to have to deal with that weird vibe when they were around. So my attitude toward the JW religion is that I hate it and I will rejoice when it is exposed. My attitude on life is that I love it, I love having one, I love my wife and child, and I am happy with myself.

The worst part of having been raised as a witness was that: had I not been, I would never have been sucked in by them. I never had a choice. But.... I questioned when I was able to. My mother always said I was "too critical". To see here though, the power that this "organization" can have over others, infuriates me even more. I have relatives that are much more intelligent than I am in many respects but still cannot see the forest. The research that has been done by everyone here is so overwhelming, that in this day and age, that people are still being sucked in by them, is ridiculous. I am new to posting here, and none of what I can tell you would compare to what the true (ex)-believers here who had to find proof that the JW's were lying to them in order to leave can tell you. I am grateful for everyone here "fighting the fine fight" though. I am not a confrontational person but I do root for the good guys. Also, while I lean toward the atheistic, agnostic folks ideas, I have nothing against truly compassionate people who happen to believe in a god of some sort. (just don't come to my door telling me that jesus loves me and I have to call myself a sinner in order for him to save me - dying for three days isn't a big deal in my book. Any day I get to sleep for more that 8 hours is a blessing, not a sacrifice.)

• acadian
    acadian

Hello All,

Overall attitude, good, no ill will toward the WTS, left org because, after doing research on the Nazarenes Essenes, which Jesus was a member of the Nazarene Essene community around Mt. Carmel in No. Israel.

Matthew 2:23

and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: "He will be called a Nazarene."

(The town of Nazreth didn't come in to being until 200 - 300 hundred years later,

Jesus was of Nazarene/essene sect as brought out by Acts 24:5)

Mark 14:67

When she saw Peter warming himself, she looked closely at him. "You also were with that Nazarene, Jesus," she said.

Mark 16:6

"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.

Acts 24:5

"We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

What my reseach has shown me is that Jesus taught a Way differant than what the Roman/Pauline bible teaches, there are some clues , not many, so I left the org and continued my journey for truth.

One clue most people miss is that Jesus taught, if you don't find the Kingdom before you die you wont find it after.(hint: narrow path)

Acadian

• deeskis
    deeskis

Stilla

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote the book "on death and dying". it's available on amazon. it was used a lot during my nursing training, a few years back now.......

but the basic ideas are relevant to any type of grief and loss.

best wishes

D

• atypical
    atypical

Hi Stilla, thanks for the response. I admire the fact that you are taking the time to read and observe everyone's experiences. I have been doing the same thing ever since I found JWD. I have logged many hours reading peoples stories and how they have reacted. I think there is no better tool in life than to learn from others who have been where you are.

You mentioned that you feel for people who have been treated like goats. That is one of my biggest hangups towards the jws. I am becoming less and less religious (not less spiritual, just less religious) as time goes on, but I am fascinated by the attitude and actions of Jesus. To me, it seems like he made such a point to break down social barriers: talking to the samaritan, hanging out with tax collectors and prostitutes, being a smart aleck to the most prominent religious men, causing a huge scene in the temple, etc. I really feel that the witness culture is a direct opposite to that attitude.

No matter how many times they say from the platform that this is the only loving brotherhood on the earth, I think the truth is blatantly obvious: There are class distinctions, there are rivalries, abuse of power, ambition, pursuit of a title, nepotism, favoritism, pretty much every thing Jesus stood up against. And if anyone gets mad or upset by the rigid social caste system at the hall, they are told they need to be more forgiving.

Good luck (oh no - I said good luck!) to you as you find your way. Don't worry, there are tons of us out there doing the same thing.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ha Ha atypical. Ah yes, the dreaded "good luck"

But don't forget:

"gosh"

"god"

"jesus"

"oh god"

and most recently "sucks"

• Legolas
    Legolas

What would you like to know about me?

• stillAwitness
  • skyman
    skyman

Stella read some of my first thread and you will see I am bitter, very bitter. Why the H*** should I not be. They put my dad in the mental hospital, They almost killed my daughter because of blood. My brother who was my best friend will not talk to me. My wife left me once becasue of the Society. I have lost the friends that I use to spend all my time with. They still talk to me but I am not invited to any party's....I lost at least $200,000.00 becasue they had my dad sing over the Kingdom Hall to them that he owned which ws worth $500,000.00.

People have kill for less. All I want to do is get even with the Society not be mean to the memebers. I can legally kill someone trying to kill my daughter which they did for a policy that does originate with GOD.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

u lost me excite.

• atypical
    atypical

I think excite may have been drinking the merlot during that experience. It's like one of those drunk stories that doesn't have a point.......and then I walked my dog. J/K Excite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit