Just want to gain insight on the overall attitude of most on here.

by stillAwitness 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ticker
    Ticker

I think that everyone here who shows any bitterness does not necessarly direct it at any individual witness but rather toword the overall spirit of the Organization. The Organization is kind of an entity of it's own which feeds off of others lives like a parasite. I feel sorry for the people who are trapped within it's indoctrination.

Myself I don't think anger adds weight to any debate but rather detracts from it. Sometimes though emotions run high and I feel that is a totally normal part of Cult recovery.

Ticker

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hardly anyone here likes the JWs and this is indeed a great JW bashing forum. Virtually all people here have some score to settle with the org for having perpetrated against them a gross deception and through it exploited and abused them.

The infamous FDS in fact the GB of the JWs, since the 1970's (just Franz and Knorr from 1942 to the 1970's)in whose hands they had entrusted their spiritual welfare and salvation, turn out to be a bunch of con artists that have a hidden agenda very different from the one they publically declare and one that was greatly to the detriment of the R&F. Once you objectively check out their history and doctrine you will leave, no doubt about that.

But the WTS may persue them with a war of the spiritual kind and that forces the ex JWs to eagerly fight back. As long as anger and bitterness are controlled there is no problem. The purpose is to destroy the power of the WTS by exposing their real nature and objectives before the whole world.

Not that they really care, even if they lose all their followers they have so much wealth by now they can easily start another profitable business through it. But being the ruthless opportunists that they are, they don't mind holding on to and exploiting the 6 million slaves they have for as long as they can.

The WTS is a gigantic deception scheme profiting unscruptulously through abusing God's word from their very start to the present. A satanic nasty piece of work inspired, directed and protected by the Devil.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

After 15 years out, I suppose you could say that my anger and resentment has mutated into compassion for those that are still recklessly blindsided. It, to this day, never ceases to amaze me that some individuals who appear to be smart and who have their shit together, could hold so much tenet to ideals which hold fast to rediculous ideals like a Paradisaic Earth in which predatory animals like lions could eat straw. ( Just for example.)I feel only pity now for folks who have wasted so much time, energy, and intellect on fairy tales. I can't express enough how much my life and outlook on life have changed for the better over the years. I have better friends, make better money, am a hell of a lot smarter, and have much better overall health both mentally and physically. I apologize if I ramble I have had a few cocktails.

-Breck

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    stillA, my wounds are still fresh so I do get bitter at times. I am also frequently overcomeby waves of feeling foolish and ashamed for having been so gullible and stupid. But mostly, I am coldly resolved.

stillA...that would describe me too..

"you can crush my spirit till i'm incapable of independant thought....check out the steely resignation in my eyes"

• wombat
    wombat

Sorry...But I come here for the laughs. Not true. I come here for the satisfaction, but the WTS stupidity makes me laugh.

I laugh at how this despicable organization keeps tying itself into knots trying to control it's members and how it keeps trying to come with a prophesy that comes true. It couldn't find it's own bum with two hands and a flashlight. (But the flashlight is getting brighter).

I da'd over 30 years ago and my siblings have been trying to punish me ever since. I laugh at them. Now their kids are leaving......Soon those doing the shunning will be shunned.

Visited my 88 yo Mum in the burns ward in hospital to-day. She asked me "what were they talking about ?". She was referring to this site. It really cheers her up.

She is determined to live to age 97. That will be 2014.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I don't feel bitter or resentful towards the watchtower, more towards my mum who was a witness, like I'm not happy with the way she treat me due to her beliefs, but also qwuite scared that I may treat my own kids the same way.

I'm also quite intrigued by it all, and find the gossiping on here good entertainment.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

stillA, Thought about it more this morning, and realized: My bitter periods come when I react inside to what was done to me. But I get past it as soon as I remember, this rabid beast is just a Corporation—like any other Corporation—seeking its own self-perpetuation. I just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and got myself chewed up and spat out.

Respectfully,

AuldSoul

• luna2
    luna2

I'm bitter and resentful sometimes. I get very angry at myself too beceause I totally fell for the WTS bullsh*t and lazily didn't do any independant research on the organization before making the life-altering decision to join this group of brainwashed magazine salespeople.

Discovering that you are not really the person you have always thought you are is extremely painful. To pull from Terry's essay up there, I was a rube; a sucker who fell for the con game because I wanted to believe in a fairy tale with a big pay-off at the end. I thought these people wanted me...that they liked me and saw some unique quality that made me eligible for membership in Jeboober's Magic Kingdom. Its embarrassing and makes me cringe as I type this. What a complete joke.

What really hurts most is that I put my sons through the JW ringer too. Their childhood was warped by a false religion that I chose to follow because I was a naive, insecure, pathetic little person who wanted to be special and thought that she'd found the really true "truth". They didn't get a choice and it was their lives that were impacted the most.

My attitude is getting better as time goes by, though. I'm learning to live with the idea that I was so very, very silly. I hope that I've become a wiser, more careful person as a result. I have apologised to my son, and he has forgiven me. I try not to jump on the JW sympathizers who post on the board any more, even though they still have the power to piss me off with their WTS rhetoric, misguided beliefs and sometimes arrogant rudness. I feel that I am making progress.

This place makes me laugh, exposes me to interesting, diverse people and ideas and gives me a forum to vent and work through things that bother me as I recover from dubiness. This appears to be all the therapy I need at the moment.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

auld soul said -

My bitter periods come when I react inside to what was done to me. But I get past it as soon as I remember, this rabid beast is just a Corporation—like any other Corporation—seeking its own self-perpetuation. I just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and got myself chewed up and spat out.

I would agree with this. I felt very abused and taken advantage of. I'm a very uncynical person in general who could care less about revenge or hurting someone, UNLESS you screw me FIRST. then watch out. I do feel anger toward the organization, but not the people in general. There are for sure the individual asses that run the show, and I'll figure out a way in time to get them back in a fun, play with there heads kind of way. te he te he

seriously though, I'm still new at this, and very up and down. I looked through that above step of "phases" you go through and can't quite figure out where I'm at in there. I've had some melt down moments and I am still researching, but not as voraciously as I did at first. now I mostly read what I enjoy reading, history, evolution, biology, and a good fiction work when I want to give my brain a rest.

The part that hurts the most is the dsyfunction it causes in the extended family. the way this organization can cut human ties that are normally unexplainably strong, (parents to children, siblings, grandparents, etc.) is just beyond comprehension to me at times. that's what hurts the most. knowing I can't change generations of dsyfunction in my family that way. all I can do is break the dysfunctional cycle in my generation for myself and for my kids.

like my profile says : "JW by birth and genetic lottery. Ex-JW by choice."

good thread by the way - stilla

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Stilla, people here are in different stages of recovery from their experiences in the WTS. It's kinda like grieving the loss of a loved one or a bitter divorce for some and this forum is our "AA" meeting place, the support group we may not have access to in our daily lives.

Personally, I'm past the outraged hostility that encompasses some on exiting the WTS and have moved on, but I still enjoy touching base with those who've had the same or similar experiences. They're still out there, yanno. And we sometimes run into 'em, or have "incidents" that occur between us and them wherein we need to reseek our own validation. So this forum can be a "port in a storm."

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit