Do you hug and kiss your pets?

by Dimples 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

My family love the cats waaaayy toooo much!

My hubby gets home and the first thing he says is "Where are the cats?" and then proceeds to call them and ask them how they are etc....(lol) cuddles are the order of the day for a day in life of our cats (sometimes I really wish I was a cat! .......preferably one that looked exactly like Halle Berry !!

• wednesday
    wednesday

I adore my cats, and yes hug and kiss them everyday. I do not allow them to lick my mouth but let them bathe my hand or arm if they want to.. They sleep with us. One sleeps in the space between my face and shoulder and the other sleeps on my chest. Thei rpurring makes me feel good when I am sad. They know when I don't feel well and bring themself over to comfort me.

They are truly a pleasure to care for.

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Ringworm is a common fungus found in the garden. Yes you can get infected by a pet that brings it in on their fur, and the pet isn't necesarily infected. But you can also pick it up just gardening."

Especially if you wallow in the dirt and make love to it, eh? ;-) Really folks, this thread is highly disgusting. I'm shocked at how unsanitary many people are regarding animals.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I do hug on my pets quite a bit. Kisses, maybe on the top of their little furry heads. But I don't like being licked by them. Thank goodness my dogs are both NOT lickers, but they are "puffers". The sniff in several times and then "puff" all their smell back out. LOL! I have one cat that is a total cuddle baby and the other wants to be touched only in the mornings when we're in bed.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I just remembered after we got Rosie, our older border collie, Dominic took her out into the garden while Claire and I were having a lie-in. Some moments later we heard Rosie come hurtling up the stairs. She immediately jumped onto our bed and, so happy to see us, started licking our faces all over. It was great and we hugged her so much - then Dominic shouted up "Whatever you do don't let Rosie lick you. She's just been sick!!"

Ian

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

once again, I say...how can you not want to hug and kiss or be kissed by a face like this?

• Purza
    Purza
    although I have seen reports that a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's mouth....

Ewwww. Not true. I saw a show about this recently on the Discovery Channel (or some similar channel). It was a myth. My dog once ate some other dog's sh*t and I am thinking that was because there was still some morsel of food in there. I know, totally gross, but I think that proves the fact that my dog's mouth is not cleaner than mine own.

Purza

• oldflame
    oldflame
    My dog once ate some other dog's sh*t and I am thinking that was because there was still some morsel of food in there. I know, totally gross, but I think that proves the fact that my dog's mouth is not cleaner than mine own.

LOL that was funny but so true. I hug my cats and I will kiss them on the top of their heads but no licking, that is gross. My cats are indoor only cats (no claws) so I don't have to worry to much.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

There's NO WAY I'm gonna let these little land sharks lick me past my chin, especially the little one! They sniff each other's butts and things like that! But sometimes I do kiss 'em on their punkin' heads.

MOV04216_NEW.MPG

Frannie

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    Really folks, this thread is highly disgusting. I'm shocked at how unsanitary many people are regarding animals.

It would probably freak you out to know that my Dog eats from our forks when we give her a bite of our food. She is so gentle about it that her teeth never touch the prongs to the fork. She is such an intregal part of the family that it doesn't bother us in the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit