Do you hug and kiss your pets?

by Dimples 73 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Our family cat had kidney failure as well. Once a month we took him up to the vets for a shot of steriods. He would run around like a mad kitten for a few days afterwards. Such a lovely cat he was. Eventually he had to be put down due to suffering too much. Poor gingermegs...

• Dimples
    Dimples

Loosie, Really? Which one, my Buttons or my Chyna? If you have a pic, I would love to see.

That is so sad Jourles, Give the baby a hug for me. Yes, it would be very hard to let him go.

DIMPLES

• Dimples
    Dimples

misspeaches,

I can't imagine how I would feel if anything happened to my cats.

DIMPLES

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    She's a good house dog and only needs a good envioronment to be able to be a great dog. She loyal, despite the fact that she knows I'm not genuinely fond of her, and she sort of breaks me down, brick by brick towards helping me to become a better human.

That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: I only hope that one day I can be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

I don't kiss any of my animals, but I do hug on them daily. My poor Deogie (yellow lab/rott mix) is almost totally blind now and he whines until I give him some attention. And, of course, if Deogie is getting hugs, Emmett (black lab/dalmation mix) HAS to get hugs as well. B'itty (my tuxedo cat) lets me know when he wants some attention, which is about twice a week.

CountryGuy

• kiddotan
    kiddotan

Jourles - give your boy a hug from us.

CountryGuy - We had a Lab/Rottie (scamp) cross, he couldn't figure out if he really was tough or just like to eat. When we went down the farm he would come with us. Our huntaways (New Zealand cattle/sheep dog), would move the cattle, Scamp would stand on the other side of the fence barking. He was helping, really he was...

I hug my animals alot. Have a cat, dog, and 2 horses. One of my horses likes to kiss me on the cheek.

Like my animals more than I like most people.

Tan

PS this is baby, who we lost to wild dogs.

• icare4u
    icare4u

Yes

• loosie
    loosie

Dimples.. Your black and white tuxedo cat could be my cats twin. I don't have a pic that I can post quickly.

• lola28
    lola28

ummm, why is it weird or something?

lola

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, I put my lips out for a kiss, and my kitten will give me kisses. I turn my head so it's my cheek he gets, though! He's so cute!

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Our cats tell us they are family by giving us nose kissess - nose to nose, not lip to lip. Our cats are very clean (two of them were hand raised, bottle fed, and bathed daily). As for ringworm, we have had cats for a very, very long time (> 14 years) and have never had ringworm. However, our oldest daughter's roommate just adopted a dog and everyone in their house has been battling ringworm (ringworm is not a worm but the same family of fungus that causes athlete's foot, tinea). And yes, wash your hands after handling any pet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit