Do you hug and kiss your pets?

by Dimples 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I think hugging pets is natural. But I would be very wary of kissing them especially cats. My SIL caught something off the family cat when she was in her teens which made her very ill. She had temporary blindness as well. (I'll see if I can find out what the disease is called...)

misspeaches - that sounds like the illness you get from toxocara worms - v. nasty jeannie - your cat looks the spitting image ('scuse the pun!) of one of mine.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I hug and kiss my Dog, and tell her that I love her at least 20 times a day. Everytime I am near her I either pet her, hug, or kiss her, either on the top of the head, or on her snout between her eyes, or her paws, or her back. She sleeps with me every night, and we always end up being each other's pillow. She always makes sure that a part of her body is touching mine when she sleeps, and she snuggles up right into me. She is the best companion I have ever had in all my life.

• Dimples
    Dimples

misspeaches,

Thanks for the info. Did you know that you can get the disease from other things as well?

How do people get toxoplasmosis?

A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

• Accidentally swallowing cat feces from a Toxoplasma-infected cat that is shedding the organism in its feces. This might happen if you were to accidentally touch your hands to your mouth after gardening, cleaning a cat's litter box, or touching anything that has come into contact with cat feces. Eating contaminated raw or partly cooked meat, especially pork, lamb, or venison; by touching your hands to your mouth after handling undercooked meat.
    • Contaminating food with knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw meat.
    • Drinking water contaminated with Toxoplasma.
    • Receiving an infected organ transplant or blood transfusion, though this is rare.

Creepy..Just gotta be careful I guess.

DIMPLES

• loosie
    loosie

Dimples your cat is my cats twin.

My bunnies give me kisses.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    toxoplasmosis

In otherwords, if you simply must play in the kitty-box, wash your hands!!

Sheesh... children...

J

• Margie
    Margie

Yes, when my girls were alive, I hugged and kissed them every single day. Although one has been gone for 5 years and the other for 1 year, I still miss them terribly. With all due respect to all the other cats our there, my girls were the best cats ever. One thought she was a dog -- she'd go up to strangers and ask for pets and her meow even sounded a little like a bark. She was so friendly. The other was the sweetest, most docile cat, but she was a little shy. She'd let me cradle her like a baby and scratch her belly without ever complaining. She loved her mommy.

On the bright side, just this afternoon I decided to adopt two kittens. They're littermates born about 2 weeks ago to my co-worker's sister-in-law's cat. I'll get them in about a month. I'm sure I'll hug and kiss them daily, too.

• Jourles
    Jourles

No kisses, but plenty of laptime and half-hugs(carrying him on my shoulder). He's our only child and gets the treatment of an only child as well. These were taken a couple years ago. He now has a GIF tube on the back of his neck for his renal failure disability. Poor guy. But we can't let him go since he seems fine when he gets his fluids.

• Margie
    Margie

Oh no! Kidney failure? How old is he? Did you know that they do kidney transplants for cats?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Awwwww... kitty kitty!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

eeek.... its a little gross isn't it! LOL.... The doctor thought it may be related to SIL being present when the cat was having a litter of kittens. And the transfer of blood and assorted other gooey things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit