Fear of Apostates.

by jeeprube 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I've been looking at other JW message boards today, and I was struck by the total fear they have of apostates. I've been out long enough for it to surprise me. These people live in actual dread of "evil apostates". On the MSN message board listing for denominations, there are many faiths listed, but only the JW sites carry explicit footnote warnings against apostates. It's laughable. Any relativley reasonable person scanning through couldn't help but notice who scared the Witnesses are.

I feel like they're doing themselves much harm in the court of public impression.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The fear makes them look even more cultish

• xjwms
    xjwms

Rreally ??

What are they in fear of ??

HHhhmmmmmmmmm

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sad that they fear the Truth about the Truth

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Thats very true. They have also created their own view of whats apostacy so that it goes way beyond the Biblical one.By calling everthing under the sun apostacy they can keep members from learning the truth.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    What are they in fear of ??

From the moment that a JW begins to study to become a JW, the word apostate is tossed around with a sneer on their faces and a hisssss in their tone. An apostate, whether real or imagined.....is in cahoots with Satan and possessed BY him. They are afraid of those who leave the WTS.....VERY afraid. The WTS purposely does this and makes its followers steer clear of those who leave, saying that these will damage their faith if you speak with them.

The only faith that would be damaged would be faith in the WTS, and being told (and shown) what an evil cult it is......and for some reason, the WTS goes to great lengths to eep any "apostates" away from the blindsheep they control.

Annie

• Forscher
    Forscher

You have to remember that they are told that apostates are very persuasive with their lies. They are also taught that if they are persuaded by apostates and follow in their course, they will be subject to eternal death. That is a scary thought.

forscher

• TopHat
    TopHat
    You have to remember that they are told that apostates are very persuasive with their lies. They are also taught that if they are persuaded by apostates and follow in their course, they will be subject to eternal death. That is a scary thought.

hmmmmmmm, sounds like a cult to me!

• Legolas
    Legolas

LOL...Jeep I seen where you were, but that is not where they are!

I tried to get in but you have to sign up!

• FairMind
    FairMind

We all know the actual reason the WT demonizes dissenters. It's because we have truthful legitimate reasons for our feelings. Hopefully this will backfire on the WTS. Thinking people will reason that the "truth" can stand on it's own merit and should not fear being looked at if it really is the truth. I believe many JWs know, deep inside themselves that the organization doesn't trust them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit