Seriously though, how CAN the WTBTS Book Publishing Corp...

by sf 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Gary!

These kids will find the 'truth about the troof' on the Internet in time. It's how they cope with their captive parents that will remain their problem.

Recently I've noticed that more witnesses in our area seem to be defecting once their Grandparents have died.

Freedom comes in time, but the time has to be when they're ready.

The Internet now is just like the motor car, the telephone, the tv and all other technology. The only witnesses in time, still left in will be those who refuse the technology that will give them freedom.

My parents did not get a phone until 1986, a colour TV until 1995 and I hold out NO hope of them ever getting the Internet. There are, unfortunately many like them.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Paradoxically, the internet seems to play a somewhat opposite role for the young Islamic fundamentalist generation.

A couple of months ago the famous French Islam scholar Gilles Kepel stated as follows in a Dutch national newspaper (I translate):

"The Jihad is in full swing and Europe is the frontline. A ruthless power struggle is going on in order to get the best access to the western Muslims. These do not include the imams or traditional religious legal scholars, the ulama. Gradually the internet is replacing human authority. It provides the illusion of science and truth. Salafists view the holy texts on the internet - drafted in Saudi Arabia, to be translated into French, Dutch, and English - as a direct link to the Prophet and his disciples. The internet obscures the boundaries of time and space. In this way, they return to the golden age of the prophet. Jihadists are under the impression that they have direct access to the true Islam. Without human intervention, the truth is provided by the internet. No human authors are involved. Nobody is responsible".

These statements reminded me of the anonymous, unsigned correspondence and the books from the society that never have an individual author mentioned in them - hence, nobody can be blamed. Adding to this is the assertion that this faceless (publishing) organization is located partly in heaven. Just remember that it was only because of early twentieth-century state-of-the-art technology (radio stations, gramophones, slide shows, huge printing presses, computerized translation, logistics, and transportation) that JWism was able to spread that rapidly. Now, as another destructive religious movement is emerging by way of current state-of-the-art (internet) technology, the WTS is far behind, using outdated technologies. The internet will be a major influence in the spreading of information to a new generation for better or for worse. "Apostates" use the same internet as well, but perhaps they/we should start giving the bOrg a face as well.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Dont Worry too much for the JW children. I was one and by the internet I was able to free my mind (it takes 2 shots but i suceeded) and this time no elders or overseers will make me go back in the Borg. The Youth wont stay in the borg, they go to nightclubs and they miss meetings. The WT is dying, they have nobody to replace the brothers and sisters that dies and leave...

Genesis

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Amen Genesis and welcome,

"Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings :} hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies..."

Theo

• Jourles
    Jourles

Nope. All of their secret letters and books are already on the web. Minutes from their "special meetings" are posted on the web. There's too many leaks and too many people to help widen those leaks.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When a "loyal and obedient" (tm) JW finds information that disputes the WTS teachings, most are overwhelmed and think "that can't BE possible"! On further investigation, they see that it is not only possible but that it is deeper and more far-reaching than they ever expected. Thus is the glory of the internet!!!

I had a die-hard JW tell me only yesterday, that the WTS only wants the "younger-in-the-truth" and the "studies" to keep away from this damaging information---because they would be easily swayed by Satan and fall into going back to the world or their former church.(double GAG)

She felt it was quite alright for the more well-established-in-the-truth" to came onto different forums to (cough) set matters straight. I laughed.

SO....NOW the WTS has to conjure up a way to keep the studies and recruits from peeking at the JW (and exJW) sites...the same ones who have been surfing the web since the moment their PC was plugged in! How WILL they ever convince these new ones that its "all lies" and that they shouldn't "look" into the VERY religion that they will be expected to turn their LIVES over to?

Having the "Quotes" site shut down has opened a Pandora's Box, and they cannot control every domain and site ON the internet, as we all know. The fact that several MORE sites like his have since popped up only USING QUOTES THEY HAVE PRINTED--- and is ample proof that they are whistling into the wind....at last.

I can't really say what they will dream up OR how they will attempt to stifle the newest attack on their (lack of) credibility, without failing miserably! But hey, it's going to be FUN sitting back and watching them struggle, won't it?

Neener neener WTS!

Annie

The problem is, however, that even if you had clear and absolutely uncontrovertible evidence proving beyond any doubt that the Watchtower is a scam, many would say such evidence was Satan's doing and the pigeons would continue to follow the slave. Sad.

• Dune
    Dune

I mean, its really not that easy.

After all the information i've seen, and the involvement i've had in this site. I cant just up and leave everything i've had for the pass 10 years.

I mean, its kind of like you were trapped. You wake up one day and realize that everything you've doing has lead up to the realization that if you did leave, you'd have to start from scratch. Even if you didnt have friends in the congregation, you didnt have any in the "world" either because you were told not to take part in extra curricular activies. Its like your whole reality has been warped and you need the orgo to stay in touch with some sort of reality.

I'm working out what i'm to do next, but i dont think we should any anger should be shown towards the Rank and file of the organization. Its all WE have. Cognitive Dissonance.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's hard to know whether they'll loosen up on some ridiculous doctrines and go more mainstream, or clamp down harder and not care about the shrinking membership (the love of the greater number, after all, will cool off).

By the time it happens, I hope to be long past caring! All it will do for me is get me my family back, and I've started to realise that we're all better off without each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit