At what age did you start driving a car?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I was 14 when I started driving. My grandparents have a long, long driveway since they live on a farm, so I got some practice then.

Got my permit at 16 and liscence at 17.

I was 58 years old
    That's ok, Mouthy. Plenty of people never drive!
  • unbeliever
    unbeliever

I got my Learner's permit ( someone over the age of 18 has to be present while you drove) at 15 1/2 and was driving on my own at 16. I stared at my drivers license for hours after I got it. I was so happy.

• JH
    JH

2 years ago, I wanted more than a class 5 drivers permit (cars only) so I went to get a class 2 driver's permit, just for the fun of it.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/classes/class_2.html

• JH
    JH

The funny thing is that I'm colorblind, and imagine If I drove a bus full of kids Not too safe, hey?

• Cellist
    Cellist

My Dad started letting me drive his truck on back roads when I was 14. I got my license when I was 16.

Cellist

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

18 when I got my car licence and 21 when I got my motor licence.

funny thing is that the theory part is the same for both, what would happen to my driverslicence (cars)should I fail the motor-theory exams ?

and Viv was'nt 17 the first time: she was 4 and sitting on my lap, while slowly driving in a safari-park.........

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I started driving (illegally) when I was 17 for my grandmother. I was living with her during my senior year of high school and sometimes she needed me to drive her to the hall. I did drivers' ed in high school when I was 15 or 16 but when I was of legal age to get my driver's licence my parents wouldnt let me get it. I was still living with my parents when I turned 18 and still my parents didnt want me to get my licence, so I did it anyway - they couldnt legally stop me. To this day I wonder why they were so upset when I did so, I'm a good driver and in the 22 years of driving I have had less than 5 speeding tickets and have never had an accident.

Josie

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I started at age 10. I would have to sit on my step dads lap, so I could reach the pedals, and drive them home from the bar cause they were drunk!!!!!!!!!!

• JH
    JH

What else did you start around age 10 Buttlight?

• JH
    JH

I remember taking my parents car at night while they were sleeping....and I had no permit...and I was about 16 . That was wrong.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit