At what age did you start driving a car?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

thirty six years ago, at the age of sixteen. my first car was a 1965 Chevy Biscayne with a straight six..pathetic. but the body was ARMOR compared to new cars of 1970. i drunkenly slammed into quite a few in parking lots and didnt no damage to my car but smashed in the sides of others.

i had a 1974 superbeetle when i was running streetlight ministries in Inkster MI. I loved it.

nate

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

We lived on a farm and so I could drive about anything. Got my LP at 15 and DL at 16...I would have loved to have been a race car driver!!!

Swalker

• garybuss
    garybuss

At what age did you start driving a car?
    You mean in a straight line?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Musta been nearly 30, as I swore my allegiance to motorcycles. Marriiage changed that eventually.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

My first car was a bright yellow pinto with no ac, and an am radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, we didnt cruise much down the main street with everyone else.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I was a late driver. Didn't get my license untill I was 17. I didn't learn to ride a motorcycle untill this summer (31 yrs old). Here's a photo of my first vehicle. Its a 1984 Ford Exp. It's a four cylinder that only seats two. I'll tell you what though...the hatchback design of this thing allowed me to haul items that my friends could only dream about. This photo is off a google search. Mine was the same brick read color but without the black trim on the bottom. Mine also had different wheels. It looks pretty pittifull to me now.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

The day I turned 17 was the day I got my learner's permit.

I remember the news report from the car radio that day: Elvis Presley had died.

-Aude.

• jeanniebeanz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit