Guess what my mom and dad sent me today!!

by horrible life 22 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Just guess!! Come on, just take a guess.. WOW you got it on your first try. 2 Watchtowers and 2 Awakes. And the new info on the Awake only being printed 1 time a month. (Old news) Should I send her a donation?

Since she was so very near death, a few months ago, because of not receiving a blood transfusion, mom and dad started going back to meetings. So when Bumble Bee posted this a few days ago

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/104487/1.ashx "What is worse than a lump of coal"

I told her she won. Now we are tied. I agree, I guess mom got some placements for the month. I could hardly read her writing, wonder how long it took her to write 1 paragraph. They were all dated July and Aug 05.

Am I not worth the new issues? Or did she pick them out just for me? I dropped them on the table, and let out a scream, when I took them out of the nice big Fed-Ex type envelope. My husband came running, (he thought he was going to have to kill something LOL). I told him to throw them in the trash, I didn't want to touch them. He told me I was crazy. He just doesn't understand.

Several posters have said that the elders, parents etc... have been knocking on their doors lately. They have asked if this was coincidence or an effort by the publishing company. I figure it sure could be on purpose.

Think about it. They have a better chance, of reeling in the fallen away, than they do preaching door to door. What are my chances of having a return visit? HL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

HL,

Here is a very handy sign which will help should the elders come knocking at your door. I hope it helps.

• crabbyGabby
    crabbyGabby

So, what do you do with the literature? Last time Mother and her husband visited me, her husband pulled out a stack of literature and said, "I thought you could use something to read." (As a college student, I have little time to read anything not related to my schooling.) I think it's still lying in a stack somewhere in our home office... My aunt (never a JW) suggested that I could throw it away since it is not a Bible. I am inclined to think that she is right... what do you think?

• blondie
    blondie

Toss it, crabby. But be sure to shred it. Don't want some non-JW becoming a JW from reading a WT publication they found in the trash.

Blondie

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thats funny, the elders haven't come aknockin at my door or even bothered to pick up the phone in the past yr or so. Im really suprised since they know Im reading and surfing" apostate websites". Im all prepared to go to their little kangaroo court. I want to embarass them and have it on tape so we can all have a good laugh. Guess they know that and are leaving me alone. So much for leaving the 99 and trying to save that lone sheep huh.

• cr1234
    cr1234

Pull them out of the trash and get yourself a red marker. Start correcting the articles like a teacher would on a paper. The grade the mag and send it back!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    Pull them out of the trash and get yourself a red marker. Start correcting the articles like a teacher would on a paper. The grade the mag and send it back!

Too funny. I'd love to do something like that.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Fire starter at the fireplace. Y'know, you roll them in with the wood; Watchtower and Awake burns quite well. Next to recycling, this's as good as it gets.

• mouthy
    mouthy

But be sure to shred it Good advice Blondie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well, doll, if she can send you unsolicited information, why can't you wrap up Crisis of Conscience and send it back in return with a little note about how you care about her eternal welfare?

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit