Guess what my mom and dad sent me today!!

by horrible life 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Pull them out of the trash and get yourself a red marker. Start correcting the articles like a teacher would on a paper. The grade the mag and send it back!

Good Idea...Grade them and send them back!

• juni
    juni

I don't know if you live in a "winter" state, but if you do I know from personal experience that they work very good to help you get traction to get out of the snow. Juni~~~~~~~~~~

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi horrible life,

I guess I don't feel so bad now, knowing others are getting the same "gifts" that I did! lol

I've been slowly getting rid of my literature, starting with loose mags. I tried buring them in the woodstove, but the suckers didn't burn very well!! I had a hard time getting them to light.

The garbage is the best place for them!

BB

• horrible life
    horrible life

OMG

I had a hard time getting them to light.

I should have known!!! I told my 14 year old daughter about your post a couple of days ago. We got a big laugh. So this morning, I asked her if she remembered me telling her about it. Well guess what came for me? Look in the pizza box, in the trash, but don't touch them!!!

She dug them out, and started thumbing through them. I screamed for her to throw them away!! LOL and I left the room.

10 min later, I asked from the other room, what she was doing. She said she was going to be a Jehovah. She loved the magazines. Hell, I can't even get her to read a 4 inch newspaper article. So I told her to get dressed, that the meeting started at 10:00, her church starts at 10:50. She had just enough time for me to drop her off.

She laughed and said "NO WAY". They are all nuts!!

• hubert
    hubert
    She loved the magazines

HL, Does your daughter like comic books?

Maybe that's why she liked the WT and Awake.

Hubert

• horrible life
    horrible life

ROTFLMAO

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Maybe that's why she liked the WT and Awake.

That was pretty funny.

I remember that my parents would not throw them away or burn them. They insisted that we bury them in the back yard out of respect for Jehovah. I kid you not.

It was a very solemn occasion too. No one was allowed to smile or laugh. It was like a funeral.

Jean

• horrible life
    horrible life

jeannie, that is just wrong... Sounds kinda cultish. What kind of hold could a religion have on people, to make otherwise rational people do something like that?

I remember big stacks of magazines at home. We were not allowed to throw them away. We put them in peoples doors, if they were not at home.

Now they can just load them up in a box, and send them to their daughter. (ME)

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't think non-JWs can understand our reaction when we get that religion pushed in our faces again, lol. I can see my boyfriend being just as baffled. He enjoys critically evaluation their doctrines we get a big laugh out of it. The sheer guilt they feel when they get rid of any literature is so laughably cultish.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    They insisted that we bury them in the back yard out of respect for Jehovah.

My father in law used to do the same thing. He built several houses and used to put a bible and some literature in the walls before the plaster went up. I wonder what people would think if/when the renovate and find this stuff. He used to bury money in the back yard as well.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit