unconditional love

by John Doe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LMAO @ Kitty

• atypical
    atypical

I agree with Gary - the action required in the case of a baby is on the part of the lov-er, not the lov-ee. The baby deserves love because of it's very being. It does nothing to earn love except the most important thing of all: it exists.

Along the same lines, I agree with JoJo - just like pizza and beer, sometimes people do absolutely nothing for us in return, but we love them anyway.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love hot links unconditionally. I can't tell you what they do to my body.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I pretty much agree. On the phenominal level of duality, yin and yang, everything has it's opposite. There is no unconditional love (other than perhaps that sometimes seen in a mothers love. A mothers-love very well may be a beacon or indication of a deeper fundamental truth.)

That said, what seems like a multitude of separate and individual people and things, is foundationally, in truth, a non-divided wholeness and oneness. When this is seen within as ones own underlying and primary being and identity. Then, there is nothing left to hate. There is no "other". Here, consciousness sees and recognizes only itself; and this is what the word "love" points to in it's truest, purist and unconditional actuality.

j

• JH
    JH

To love another is a commandment, so unconditionally.

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's really very simple. Love is based on who a person is. No one stays the same--we constantly change. The person you love today may be the person you hate tomorrow. People think they know how they will feel in the future all the time, but the truth is none of us know. If you love someone, love them to the fullest. All love is ephemeral.

• jack w
    jack w

I don't think all love is ephemeral. I have loved my mom all my life.

Jack

• John Doe
    John Doe

How long is your life?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh man, I can just hear my finance teacher and stats teacher talking of the satisfaction utilities on this on. Even the pizza Kitty gives us something that satisfies a need in us. Thus earned love. Good thing the satisfaction you get from it is greater than the gas and pee is bad to you!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

wow, this is almost cosmic. The first thing I saw when I signed into this site was this topic

I just got back from a meditation group and the theme we chose for the begining of the new year was unconditional love. I think it could be understood from a few different viewpoints. I think of WT love as being the extreme end of being conditional--we will only love you, accept you, etc if you obey the WT and all its rules and regulations. I look at unconditional love as being freer than that. If we truly love someone we

wouldn't want to box them in or change them to fit our mold--we set them free in the sense to be themselves. I think that is what unconditional love is. If you really love someone you don't try to control them--you respect their differences and enjoy them for who they are.

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit