unconditional love

by John Doe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Jaffacake,

Ideals, such as unconditional love, are something to aspire to - life goals - not something we humans can expect just to have or to give.

So it is not a question of whether some people love unconditionally, it is more about how better the world would be if this was even our goal. Just my clumsy two-penneth.

Well said...congrats...I think you have it...

cybs

• John Doe
    John Doe

But guys, if you were to recieve "unconditional love" from someone, how does that reflect on you? After all, if it's unconditional, that means nothing you do would change it. It also means you don't have to deserve it--the love is based solely on the person who has it, regardless of who or what the object of the love is. That's not very flattering in my opinion.

• zagor
    zagor
    I'm rather sick of hearing the term "unconditional love."

The funniest thing is that you are hearing it from people whose love (if we can call it that way) IS conditional

• chrissy
    chrissy

love sucks....and then if you are "lucky" you realize its all a joke, and then you die.

so sorry to be the one....

• John Doe
    John Doe

"love sucks....and then if you are "lucky" you realize its all a joke, and then you die. so sorry to be the one...."

Well aren't you a beaming blast of sunshine!! ;-) That sounds as if it should be a song. lol

• chrissy
    chrissy

lol, sorry to rain on your love parade, john doe.

yay for love! woot woot! (ha, was that convincing?)

:o)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit