unconditional love

by John Doe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm rather sick of hearing the term "unconditional love." There is no such thing. Love must be earned--it is not something given with no strings attached. To think otherwise is rather naive.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have unconditional love for my children

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Alright... who pee'd in your cheerios this morning, John?

Jeannie

• atypical
    atypical

How does a newborn baby earn it's love?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They rest their case...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

by being cute?

• yesidid
    yesidid
    I'm rather sick of hearing the term "unconditional love." There is no such thing. Love must be earned--it is not something given with no strings attached. To think otherwise is rather naive .

I absolutely agree.

I love my husband of almost 50 years almost as an obsession. However if he sexually molested our grandaughter it would be all over.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unconditional love is not an absolute statement, the posters are trying to say on this forum that the WTS makes very severe demands in order to give acceptance and love to its members. You may be a perfectly good and moral person but if you don't preach or go to meetings there is no love for you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I understand love to be action. There is no unconditional action. To love a person, they have to be lovable, or, able to receive love. Babies are most able to receive love because action to help them (love) is their only means of survival.

It's a good topic.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i love pizza and beer but all it does in return is make me fart and pee....

love can be unconditional

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit