will someone please pull me out of this funk......or at least come join me

by kittyeatzjdubs 35 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

lol...u sound like me jeff...i can play 5 chords..e,a,d,g,c...nice to know i'm not alone

you're right schne...i am alive...at least i have a job...and i have a man who loves me to come home to every night...that's gotta count for something.

thanks lego..i'm glad i have friends here thanks for the advice seredipity and ellie...i'll give it a try

luv, jojo

• heathen
    heathen

I wanted to be a rock star as well ..... I just don't have the talent gene but I still enjoy trying so keep messing with ideas . The real sad part is I think I suffered some nerve damage in my hands and makes it hard to play . I do play more than 5 chords tho.

I would love to be a famed novelist as well but again when it comes to creating characters and a consistent plot not happening . Perhaps if you tried some creative writing classes .

don't let it get ya down .

• poppers
    poppers

Hi kitty,
    I used to think I couldn't draw either, then I came across a book called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, by Betty Edwards. It really works, you'll see. Now I've even had the occasion to teach this to elementary kids. (I grew up HATING art, but this showed me that I wasn't a lost cause). Give it a shot, you'll amaze yourself and you will discover that you really do have talent.
    poppers

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, by Betty Edwards

I love that book. It's amazing.

j

• prophecor
    prophecor

((((((((KittieseatJDubs)))))))))))

I wish it didn't have to hurt. I'd go crazy if I couldn't talk to my family, especially my parents. I feel for you The guitar thing? Took me forever to realise I could play it. Never really wanted to be a bass player, but since it only had four strings, at least they did in the 70's, I figured it'd be so much easier. The crazy tunning thing with the B string. I was over thirty before I realised I could play it. I'm good enough to keep myself entertained, and that's enough for me. I've had to learn how to keep my own company.

Buy yourself a new pair of shoes.

• heathen
    heathen

I can do windows paint .HE HE drawing does require some schooling . even if you watch the pbs people with their art shows you could improve on that . I'm sure there are videos and books that instruct on it. Same with music . Take some lessons , learn more chords etc . I really wish I would have taken the time to learn it right , I taught myself . You are young and there is still time . It's too late for me .

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

thanks poppers...i'll have to check into that book

prophecor-matt actually just bought me a new pair the other day

thanks a lot you guys. i'm feeling better now that i got all this off of my chest. plus i had some chocolate...

i'm glad ya'll are my friends. i love you all

luv, jojo

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

kitty, dear...take breath. As someone wise said before me, instead of looking at what you feel you can't do as well as you had hoped...look at all the wonderful things you can do very well.

I know it's hard to do when you feel that weight on your shoulders. Just because you say you don't "sound smart" doesn't mean you aren't smart. You have strengths and talents you've yet to tap.

You can do and become anything your heart desires if you want it bad enough. The choice is in your hands.

Lisa

• heathen
    heathen

Never forget to take advantage of your youth . All that extra energy should be applied to something constructive even tho most are very distructive .

Ahhh so the wise old man exits with an air of accomplishment ....................................

HAPPY NEW YEAR

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

What you feel IMO is quite normal. I think AlmostAtheist hit it on the head: MOTIVATION and DIRECTION are what is needed. A lot of (ex)jdubs presume these things will be cast upon them/us if we "wait on Jah" - they are (or remain) in a constant waiting mode (for paradise to solve any problems). The fact that many of us have been brought up to think negatively about achievement, sports and college can contribute to a low self esteem. Lack of encouragement from our parent or peers and not being used to setting high standards for ourselves - often even distrusting our ambitions because they are equated with "materialism," can also be aggravating factors.

IMHO, unless you really want children, getting pregnant would indeed be the single worst thing to happen to you at this point in your life. I would think that what you need is a grand plan for the rest of your life to work towards. How would you like to picture yourself in five or ten years time? In theory you can achieve almost anything you want or desire - provided you design a plan that will get you there. The problem however is that this kind of satisfaction in real life stems from serious hard work.

For instance, you could go to COLLEGE and/or develop a specific skill that will make you money and will make you financially independent. This could give you a great deal of self respect. This will involve making a considerable investment in time, effort, money and perseverance in order to reach the stage where you can reap the benefits. But it will pay off in the long run. This can be very challenging and you need to make a definite commitment over the next couple of years.

You would be wise to involve others in this to help you along and encourage you. I bet a lot of us here on the board would be willing to show an interest in your progress and to encourage you along the way. Cut down on TV and internet and do more physical exercise or (group) sport. Set goals and make a schedule to fulfill them - In theory, you can do anything you wish... provided you are willing to invest serious HARD WORK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit