What are you Plans for New Year's Eve?

by codeblue 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Plummet
    Plummet

I wanted to go to Vegas for New Years but my Sister In-law is living with us and a couple more in-laws are on the way and low on $. So this year, like every other year I think we are going to be staying home, maybe lighting some fireworks, but for the most part not doing anything at all.

However plans are in the works for next year, We are definately going somewhere. I think it might be fun to go to New York and watch it from Times Square.

I am open to any suggestions for next years new Years.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I'm off to a party at one of my friends houses..... hopefully lots of boooze, birds....... well that's about it really - who needs anything else !!!!

Oh yeah - Vodka Jelly !!!!

Bull!

• Bryan
    Bryan

We're going to my mom's house.

Bryan

• blondie
    blondie

FOODS

Traditional New Year foods are also thought to bring luck. Many cultures believe that anything in the shape of a ring is good luck, because it symbolizes "coming full circle," completing a year's cycle. For that reason, the Dutch believe that eating donuts on New Year's Day will bring good fortune.

Many parts of the U.S. celebrate the new year by consuming black-eyed peas. These legumes are typically accompanied by either hog jowls or ham. Black-eyed peas and other legumes have been considered good luck in many cultures. The hog, and thus its meat, is considered lucky because it symbolizes prosperity. Cabbage is another "good luck" vegetable that is consumed on New Year's Day by many. Cabbage leaves are also considered a sign of prosperity, being representative of paper currency. In some regions, rice is a lucky food that is eaten on New Year's Day.

http://www.rampantscotland.com/know/blknow12.htm

The Origins of Hogmanay
    A guid New Year to ane an` a` and mony may ye see!

While New Year's Eve is celebrated around the world, the Scots have a long rich heritage associated with this event - and have their own name for it, Hogmanay.

German Customs

http://german.about.com/library/blsilvester.htm

http://www.serve.com/shea/germusa/silvestr.htm

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Hubby and I are going "Cosmic bowling" with our family. Then dinner, drinks and a moive..... Should be fun!

Hope everyone has a great celebration! Wishing all of you the best in 2006!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I would like to recommend a great champagne for those celebrating at home that won't break your bank:

Gloria Ferrar.......You can get it at most grocery stores for about $18.00 a bottle........You won't be disappointed, it is great.

NOdenial and I use to visit Gloria Ferrar in Sonoma when we lived in CA......it was our favorite place to go!!!

Cheers

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Party at my house!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Staying home where it is quiet and safe. That's good. I might go to lunch by close friends.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Going to have a family orienated celebration (translation: kids will be there lol) with friends. It's going to be potluck style. I'm taking homemade Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.

Josie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Bouncing at my part time club gig. Hopefully I can still get a toast or two in..

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit