To our JW friends, are we too spiritual minded for wife-swapping?

by ithinkisee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Yes ... but look at my rack!

-ithinkisee

I just want to thank you both for a great laugh. I needed that!! Watson

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yes I've heard a few stories here with indiscretions with other people's wives. Some of them involving elders and at least one someone was was inactive with an elder who had come to encourage them. I must say given what a small town it is with an older demographic I was fairly suprised to learn some of the things going on.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Wife swapping?

Perhaps I could swap mine for a new computer??

• Golf
    Golf

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct...sects..." Galations 5:16-22

I find it interesting that the word 'sects' is included in that scripture, hmmmmm 'child-molestation' and wife swapping, hmmmmmm, works of the flesh.

vs. 16 reads: "But I say, Keep walking by spirit and YOU will carry out no fleshly desire at all."

I'll let your imagination do the rest.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Wife swapping?

Ever the classy response, Blues. And you know, "You've got to pay the dues if you want to sing the blues and you know they don't come easy."

• zagor
    zagor

Yeah, I've been at one such party, just in this case they've played the game wives were sitting on couch and chairs around the room and guys would go with a bandage over their eyes form lady to lady touching their legs (from feet to knees) supposedly to find which one if their wife. Go figure. I wasn't allowed to play 'cause I wasn't married. Would be fun though to go where so many men have gone before.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I must say when active dubs we've often been with other couples and there's been dodgy things going on, we've played strip poker, and truth or dare quite a few drunken evenings. It was relatively harmless and everyone went to bed with their own partner I think!! But could easily have led on to other stuff. This was until one of the 'brothers' went a bit too far one evening and decided to confess and got us all into trouble...lol. Fortunately the extent of what went on wasn't disclosed. In some ways the dub lifestyle leads to such repression things like this get going very easily, like a match on super dry tinder!

Poppy xx

• rebel8
    rebel8

I wonder why it's called wife swapping instead of husband swapping.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Wife swapping?

It's a great idea. I have 6 computers, which my ex used to refer to as my mistresses. The computers are great. I can play with them individually or as a group. They never get jealous of each other. They're always turned on, and they don't nag me to take out the garbage.

W

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

In some ways the dub lifestyle leads to such repression things like this get going very easily, like a match on super dry tinder!

Poppy, that is very true.

I remember a couple in the congregation that had a big jacuzzi in their home, one that would seat up to about 8 people. We (and one or two other couples) socialized with them quite a bit. Numerous times, we all ended up in there.

Nothing ever happened when we were there that would be considered real wife swapping. But as soon as people were in the water and the jets turned on, it was typically less than a minute and hands would begin to wander and, well, shall we say, "relieve the stress" of one another.

Of course, everything was done as a display of love for our brothers (and in my case, sisters).

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit