Catholic "Manger Scene" misrepresents the facts!

by Schizm 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    why be disparaging of those who understand the story in this way?

I just like being that way, I guess. Sorta the same way people here like being "disparaging" towards the WTS.

Any other stupid questions?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I wonder if the Catholics have ever considered the possibility that the star was of satanic origin? It would be gullible to not do so.

I wonder if they've considered the possibility that the whole Jesus story is a myth. It would also seem gullible -- perhaps even more so -- to accept such an extraordinary story without more corroboration than a single "holy" book.

Dave

• Schizm
    Schizm

Why the off-topic comment/question, Dave?

You're allowed to start a topic on the subject you inquire about if you want to. Why derail the subject I started. Just want to be an asshole? Is that it?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Just want to be an asshole? Is that it?

That's always a plus, sure. But then it was YOU that opened the "are they really that gullible" and "this isn't how it happened" doors. It seems reasonable that if you're going to kick open those doors, you should be willing to deal with whatever blows in as a result.

Honestly, it's hard to take your thread seriously because you are not open to discussion. You've derided and attacked the people that replied to it. You have stated that scripturally, the nativity scenes in use are not accurate. From that perspective, you're right. Others have stated that from another perspective, they are actually ok. Rather than even acknowledge their perspective, you've shot them down. Vehemently.

Then some asshole comes along and derails your thread. Oh wait, that was me. Never mind, ignore this paragraph.

Dave

• Schizm
    Schizm

Liar!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

As if there is even the merest trace of a fact in the whole nativity story! In any cae, it's hard to imagine Jesus (either the JW one or the mainstream Christian one) being upset about a little artistic license in celebrating his birth. Schizm seems to be straining out the gnat of harmless tradition while gulping down the camel of false prophecy and oppressive commandments.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm seems to be straining out the gnat of harmless tradition while gulping down the camel of false prophecy and oppressive commandments.

List one "false prophecy" that you think I've gulped down. We'll see just how smart you really are.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm seems to be straining out the gnat of harmless tradition while gulping down the camel of false prophecy and oppressive commandments.--flunky.

List one "false prophecy" that you think I've gulped down. We'll see just how smart you really are.--Schizm.

Just as I figured, you're all blow and no show.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Schizm:

List one "false prophecy" that you think I've gulped down.

I disagree with your interpretation of several Biblical prophecies (most of which I believe to be false anyway). However, I have no direct evidence of you believing or defending a prophecy which is demonstrably false. Due to your defense of many peculiar Watchtower doctrines and beliefs, I was under the impression that you were an active JW, and thereby complicit in their false prophecies. If this is not the case, I withdraw the remark and apologise unreservedly.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I was under the impression that you were an active JW, and thereby complicit in their false prophecies. If this is not the case, I withdraw the remark and apologise unreservedly.

Thank you. It is true that I am an inactive JW. My no longer being able to agree with the 1914 doctrine being the main reason for my inactive status.

I disagree with your interpretation of several Biblical prophecies (most of which I believe to be false anyway).

I suspect that one of those prophecies you have in mind has to do with my understanding that each of the 7 Kings are distinguished as haiving exercised Universal Rule. Rather than that being my "interpretation" it's actually what the Bible itself states.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit