Catholic "Manger Scene" misrepresents the facts!

by Schizm 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    At Mass last night there was the manger scene to the left of the altar. In our parish (the third largest in the state of Oregon) there are no wise men. They are on the right side of the altar and will be joined with the rest of the characters of the creche at the Feast of the Magi on January 6th.

That's funny! The local Catholic church here already have ALL the characters grouped together. No requirement for the Magi to have to wait until January 6th here in Texas. Who knows, but maybe the Magi's union steward negotiated a deal with Catholic management here locally.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    So Catholics would say the star was of divine origin and not satanic.

Thanks for confirming that about the Catholics. I wonder if the Catholics have ever considered the possibility that the star was of satanic origin? It would be gullible to not do so.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

We have a creche in our home and the Magi are there too. I suppose one could make a mountain out of a molehill on this but I don't see the point. We know they weren't there at the birth...but Christmas celebrates all the events of Jesus' infancy.

As to whether Catholics would consider if the star was satanic. Why should they? Christians have for centuries thought it was a divine sign. The idea it was satanic is of fairly recent origin. I doubt the idea can be traced back very far...perhaps only to 1978 when the My Book of "Bible" Stories was published.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    We have a creche in our home and the Magi are there too. I suppose one could make a mountain out of a molehill on this but I don't see the point. We know they weren't there at the birth...but Christmas celebrates all the events of Jesus' infancy.

It's not silly to be an advocate of truth. If all who profess to be "Christian" were truly advocates of Biblical truth then confusion wouldn't be as rife as what it is today. In my opinion it's quite irresponsible for the local Catholic church to have created a PUBLIC display of the manger scene with the Magi present. The crime is that such a display misleads passersby who observe it. They are left with the impression that this is what the Bible teaches. That's the reason I say that if Catholics really CARED they'd be more careful. The fact is, though, Catholics do NOT care, even as is evidenced by YOUR attempt to make light of the issue ("make a mountain out of a molehill")

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I can't agree this is a crime. Lighten up! :)

• Schizm
    Schizm
    As to whether Catholics would consider if the star was satanic. Why should they? Christians have for centuries thought it was a divine sign. The idea it was satanic is of fairly recent origin. I doubt the idea can be traced back very far...perhaps only to 1978 when the My Book of "Bible" Stories was published.

Thinking like that is a sure guarantee that you'll never rise above the errors of past generations.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I can't agree this is a crime. Lighten up! :)

Once again you (a Catholic) make light of a serious issue! You've just proven to me that Catholics in general could care less if they mislead a person into thinking something is true about the Bible, when it really isn't true at all.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

A serious issue?

All I've proven is that I know when it's pointless to continue a discussion.

Again, Merry Christmas!

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's worse than that , the catholic church even claims to have the skeletal remains of the three wise men , nice and preserved and on exhibit . I think it's minor stuff compared to the obvious lies perpetrated by the catholic cult .

What I find interesting tho is the latest evidence of what sort of home jesus was in . some archaeologists found ancient homes in bethlehem that actually had a manger in the basement so the manger and the house were likely the same residence .

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I know when it's pointless to continue a discussion. -- cabasilas.

The reason it's "pointless" is because of your refusal to listen to reason, along with the fact that telling the truth isn't important to you.

By the way, something very interesting happened tonight. Someone stole the baby Jesus out of the manger at the local Catholic church. The baby is GONE! The manger where he lay is still there, along with all the rest of the other Bible characters, but the manger scene is lacking the most important character.

Wonder who did it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit