Another Newbie

by FadingAway 49 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome FadingAway.

I can totally understand where you're coming from and what you're going through.

I've had to do everything you've done so far, with the exception of coming completely clean with my spouse.

I'll be watching your posts for any advice you have to offer for those of us who aren't as far along.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey dude nice to meet ya. Enjoyed reading your story of escape. I'm also a huge workout nut.. cool!

GBL

• FadingAway
    FadingAway
    Hey do you watch UFC?

Shoot Yeah!!!!! I'm looking forward to the Chuck Lidell-Randy Coture rematch in Feb 06. I have to watch it while my wife is out of the house, too much for her to take.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Dude, congrats on moving forward with your life. And I must add do you realize how fortunate you are. It normally takes folks 10-20 years to come to the conclusion and ultimate decesion you made, if not a lifetime(like me.)

• TopHat
    TopHat

Welcome FadingAway

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Hey do you watch UFC?
    Shoot Yeah!!!!! I'm looking forward to the Chuck Lidell-Randy Coture rematch in Feb 06. I have to watch it while my wife is out of the house, too much for her to take.

My husband and I can't wait for it either! We ordered the one in November, did you see that one it was great?

• FadingAway
    FadingAway
    My husband and I can't wait for it either! We ordered the one in November, did you see that one it was great?

UFC56 Full Force!!!! Yes it was awesome. Rich Franklin knocked Nate Quarry's lights out!!!! It was funny how Nate kept saying Rich had a weak chin, who has the weak chin now??? Did you keep up with the reality series? They had one fighter that trains with my old BJJ instructor in Vermont, he didn't get far in the show, but I thought it was pretty cool to see him on there.

I do want to see a rematch between Georges St Pierre and Matt Hughes. I think Georges learned his lesson the first time and can prove to be a worthy challenge for Matt. Georges has amazing quickness in his striking and excellent ground skills.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Welcome! Maybe with some patience and planning, you can help your wife to see the truth about the truth one day...it's happened before!!!!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Wander said it... PATIENCE

That is the key to winning your wife over. I have relatives still in the org. You have to work very slow and subtle. Otherwise they just tune you out. That is what we were all taught to do, so how can you blame them.

Stay strong!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh gawd I love George he is my favorite! We watch it also on Spike TV is that what you are talking about? Who is the guy you know, maybe I seen him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit