Another Newbie

by FadingAway 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome! Glad you feel like your life is getting back on track. As mentioned earlier, great attitude!

I also had to have the "I'm so sorry!" talk with my non-JW parents. Particularly my mom, who I found out cried every Mother's Day when she didn't get a call or card or anything. Needless to say, she was happy when Mother's Day rolled around last year!

Dave

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

AlmostAtheist: I always felt guilty about not sending my mom anything on Mother's day! My mom also felt bad because she couldn't celebrate her grandchildrens birthdays. My oldest son turned 3 not too long ago. My wife emailed an article from the WT about why true christians don't celebrate birthdays and holidays. My mom felt more hurt by that article. She always felt she needed to bend for us being JWs to make sure we weren't offended in anyway. I told her to go ahead and celebrate and be happy.

Legolas: Thanks. I always enjoy your posts and look forward to hearing more from you.

YoursChelbie: YES!!! There is more love shown by the noJW relatives verus JWs. JWs could really learn what loyal love is by looking at that example.

Bryan: Thanks, glad to be here.

stopthepain: Thanks, glad to be here!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I can understand where you are coming from. We even came in about the same peroid of time. I could never understand how a loving God could kill my parents because they didn't believe in a man made religious structure. May God continue to bless your efforts.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey I love YOU!!!! Why because you were honest enough to go to your parents & tell them your doubts, That is love!!!! I do hope you & your wife can agree to disagree about religion.... Yes get back to the love you had from Mum & Dad Welcome to the Board...Nice to hear from you .... Grace

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Mouthy, I love you too! Expressing my doubts to my parents was a bitter pill to swallow, but the fact that they listened to me made it much easier. My parents always had their best interest in mind for me and my sister and knowing that there are always there to help me out really helps me understand what unconditional love is.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Fading Away.

My non-JW parents were also very happy to have us back. And, my husband also threw away his martial arts stuff when he got baptised. The next round of disposals, 10 years later, was of WTS literature. It's nice to be free!

Cellist

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

lonelysheep: Thanks, you're right I don't feel alone and I'm thankful for that!

AuldSoul: Thanks. I've got a co-worker here who's motto is "Happy wife, happy life." I told her I will never impede her from what she think is right because I have no right to do so.

scne_belly: Thanks for your supporting words! Hopefully my wife will see where I'm coming from and be open minded about what she is learning. It will be tough for her because she was raised in the truth and old habits are hard to let go.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Welcome to the board, FadingAway. It's nice to have you here.

Lisa

• Legolas
    Legolas
    One thing I gave up was martial arts when I became a JW

Hey do you watch UFC? I love it!

On another note I went in as an adult (I was baptized in 97, husband in 98, and the 2 kids in 99) as well and my parents were telling us not to, gawd I wish I had listened! Anyway I also had to say sorry to them many times since and we are trying to 'get back to normal'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit