They made another run at me.

by kilroy2 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I was watching Law and Order last night at 10pm when the door bell rung.

I was in my red long underwear and jumped up to put on my jeans went down stairs to answer the door, I always turn on the light and look thought the peeper to make sure Charlie Manson is not knocking, No Manson but two of my local elders from the hall. I have not had any one from the hall take a run at me for at least a couple of years.

I admit, I was nervous and this mad me mad. I should not be nervous in my own home, I was polite and ask what I could do for them, and tried to make them come to the point, They said that they had been buy my home [I live on 80 acres and my home is 900 feet off the right of way] and saw that I had two us flags in my whisky barrel flower pot, and one on the back of my dodge, My dodge burnt up 2 months ago and I now have a Chevy, but they noticed the Darwin fish on the back of my Chevy, and wanted to know if my allegiance was to hova or the usa, I told them my allegiance was to me.

I then said that I was not going to give it to then, and I understood why the were here, that they were doing job one in trying to "keep the congregation clean" and needed me to shit or get off the pot. they gave me a look so I changed the metaphor to get off the fence, they turned to approving looks and nodded yes, [I am not on the fence I am clearly over the fence but they cant prove it.] I then told them that well I am not going to give them anything that they had to work for a living, meaning that they were going to have to work at getting the information they wanted to df me, they thought I was talking about work. I then said I did not mean work work, and that I was not going to give them what they wanted, I had no comment, they then said that they would have to take the display of the flags and Darwin sticker as evidence that I did not believe in hovah any more, I told them the well all I will say is either me or my wife put the flags and fish on our property, and I was not telling which one did it.

I then started to ask questions as to 607, russels teachings being all changed now, and some other questions and got them in to trying to answer them, Clearly not protocol, they should have stopped me and said that they were here to see if I was going to "shit or get off the pot."

But I kept on asking questions and they said they could have a study and I could bring up any thing I wanted to and they would answer it, even when I said but you cant let me read from Franz's book, C.C. to which they said that I could. Go figure, I declined because I told them I was happy with where I am, and the more I talk to them the more I will just bring myself down, I found myself almost laughing at times because of how serious they take themselves, and it reminded me of how I was years ago, This started to upset me and I just wanted them to leave, I kept getting the look of it is so sad the life you have taken and at the same time I was thinking it is so sad at the life you are living, So They thanked me for letting them in the door and talking to them, then asked if my wife would want to talk, I told them that I knew that her dad [a devout doubber] thinks I keep here tied up because if I did not she surly would be at the hall, but assured them that she has always told me that the does not talk religion and would not talk to them.

Then I told them that myself and my wife do not believe in the same things, I am an atheist and she is a believer in a higher power, I did not tell them this last part. you know the fish and all. They then asked about my brother, I told them that he had moved to Kansas and was finishing nursing school and was dating a stripper from whitcha, They gave me the look of how sad, and said that he was doing so good at the hall a few years back, I told them that he went because he wanted to associate with some of the brothers and did what he had to to get what he wanted.

Well I will end it here, and I may get DF'ed but I really don't care, I don't talk to these yoyo's any way. I am trying to sell my home and as soon as I do I am gone south to a life of anonymity as far as dubdom goes, and I will not even ask questions when they come to my door, just tell them I am not interested.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

There have been several other posts made recently saying the elder's got in touch with them...looks like they are stepping up their efforts to sort out the faders.

Glad you're o.k. with it...thanks for posting the info!

Swalker

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds like you did good. Always something of a shock when the dubs turn up on the doorstep unexpectedly. I just don't answer the door. I've decided that I don't have to talk to them if I don't feel like it, so I don't. Not that any elders have shown up yet. It's been over four years since I stopped associating anyhow, can't imagine that they'd bother now.

I'd like to move south too. I'm so very tired of snow.

• atypical
    atypical

I like the way you said you would not do their work for them. Good job. I also live in fear of the elders showing up at my door. It's ridiculous. I am also considering moving far away so that I can be left alone. Keep us posted as to what happens.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Looks like "wabbit season" is open again.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Fear, fear, fear - that's what they play on every time!

You did well considering you were taken completely unawares!

I told them that he had moved to Kansas and was finishing nursing school and was dating a stripper from whitcha, They gave me the look of how sad

I loved that! What on earth is wrong with dating a stripper?! I bet she's honest compared to being involved with a lying, death-dealing organisation that's worth $Billions and does absolutely nothing for the real benefits of the downtrodden!

Ian

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

10pm?!?! OMG!

But I kept on asking questions and they said they could have a study and I could bring up any thing I wanted to and they would answer it, even when I said but you cant let me read from Franz's book, C.C. to which they said that I could.

I remember getting assurances from the elder that made initial contact with me during my getting-out phase that I could bring up whatever I wanted and we would talk it through, just him and I. But when the day approached for that appointment, it turned into a judicial committee. When I reminded him of our appointment, one of the other elders on the line said, "We're not here to serve as an audience for you. That's not gonna happen."

Even if a well-meaning elder agreed to meet and discuss points from Crisis of Conscience, he would surely be talked out of it before the meeting actually took place.

Dave

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses gave up on me years ago:-)

You wrote: "I am trying to sell my home and as soon as I do I am gone south"

What part of the south do you think is best? I kind of fear the gulf coast states storms.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I was watching Law and Order last night at 10pm when the door bell rung.

Hey , that is late to be making un -arranged shepherding calls. Would not happen around here. Sound like you gave them a good run though.

• blondie
    blondie

Bluesbrother, I was thinking the same thing. No elders drop by at 10 pm around here unless there is a hidden agenda.

I give you all credit for buying out time to talk to the elders. I have no time for them any more. It's throwing pearls before swine. They are just puppets of the WT organization anyway. Even if you convinced them, the most that would happen is that they left the Borg.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit