Am I weird, in that I actually want the world to end?

by free2beme 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Does anyone truly think with the world situation in it's ever downward spiral of deterioration, can go on for another 50 years, 100 years, or even another 20?

I do, definitely. I see mankind getting better and better, more united, more able to address his problems globally. When the hurricanes hit, did you see looters, or did you see people helping people? I think there's good and bad out there and there always will be. It's more a matter of what we focus on than what is really happening. Just my opinion. Dave

• jstalin
    jstalin

Does anyone truly think with the world situation in it's ever downward spiral of deterioration, can go on for another 50 years, 100 years, or even another 20?
    Downward spiral? The world is better than it has ever been. Standard of living is up for most of the world's population, global GDP is up, disease is down, lives are getting better. I'm not sure which world you live in, but the one I live in is full of hope and promise.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I think theres' so much wrong in the world at present - global warming, terrorism, extreme hedonism, etc., that having the world destroyed and starting all over again is pretty understandable. Overall, I often prefer animals to people - but that shouldn't be the case. But, that's the way the present way of things gets to you. No, you're not weird - but I'd try and do something about helping the world get better, such as by getting involved in helping the environment or charitable work. That way you'll meet interesting people and you'll find yourself having restored hope in mankind. There are some really good people out there. Unfortunately, they are seldom heard.

Ian

• Narkissos
  • Maryjane
    Maryjane

I don't think you're weird. The world is CRAZY. And if you think we have it hard with our 9-5 drudgery 5 days a week, the majority of the planet lives under far worse conditions. I wouldn't be mad if it ended.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You want your anger and frustration at the bad things in the world to end, but think it only can by having your external reality destroyed. Then you think you will be happy?

Relatives dead, collapse of society and the effect that will have on millions, in terms of starvation civil disruption and exploitation on an even bigger scale by those with the guns.

There is no point in choosing to feel angry or whatever other emotion, just because the lovely fantasy of paradise has not come. It never will.

Change yourself, and the world will immediately have improved where you are.

HB

prophecor - did you ever read the WT from the 1890s, that said "indeed things are already so bad that many of the Brethren have written to us asking if it is even possible for the world to continue until 1914..." That reasoning isn't new. Were the old days really better??

• prophecor
    prophecor
    prophecor - did you ever read the WT from the 1890s, that said "indeed things are already so bad that many of the Brethren have written to us asking if it is even possible for the world to continue until 1914..." That reasoning isn't new. Were the old days really better??

I don't deny or discount the illusive reasoning of those times. Those were days when a lot of mankind was in thier spiritual, technological and moral darkness. It was a time much like that of the dark ages. Truth and the realities of life as were known then was extremely limited. The days before the modernisation of society during those times was a period of darkness. Men lived back in those days much like they lived in the fifth century or even the first. We were small minded then, we are small minded now. The advancement of technology has brought us all closer and we can see more clearly how the world as a whole exist, but with that technology, we still have an eternally limited vision and scope on the bigger picture, the grander scheme of things to come. Science and technology has more to do with keeping us asleep as opposed to an awakening that should be occuring, were we able to see as does God, The Big Picture. The problems and pains of the world have come to a rapid decline, a quickening. The western view of the world has us believing we can solve these problems. Without divine entervention, however, we will all be just spinning our wheels. As bad as thing are, there will be no comparing to how bad things are soon to become. We have only begun to see the end of times that God has promised.

• joelbear
    joelbear

as long as man puts the artificial (money, god) about the real (animals, trees) he is heading for an eventual collapse. but I don't think he will learn anything from the collapse. paradise is available in small bits, enjoy the national parks, enjoy landscaping your own home in a natural setting rather than a lawn with hedges.

• heathen
    heathen

I am one of those that feels if man doesn't push the button then there has to be a God that will . I am very surprised we made it this far . I even remember the days at public school with the old duck and cover in case of a nuclear strike . Yah like that's going to help . Today it's suitcase bombs or dirty bombs and who knows a full scale nuclear exchange . I really believe the US should not even be thinking of participating in that no matter what happens . Destroying the environment should never be an option for intelligent people . I think the world is morally corrupt on every level , it's like you have to be a crook to survive . I just don't see the optimism . It's not too late for people to make themselves better tho.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If you think the world of humans is bad enough, just watch a nature documentary.

The mercilessness of creation, red in tooth and claw, the immense waste of life - and for what? The futility started millions of years ago, even stars blowing up and possibly killing all life on orbiting planets.

As Bertrand Russell Quoted Mephistopheles quoting God: "Yes, it was a good play. I will have it performed again."

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit