Am I weird, in that I actually want the world to end?

by free2beme 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Get laid.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Get laid.

LOL....nice!

Brookie

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Brookie . . .I guess I'm a simple man with simple needs.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Getting laid does help almost everything. Although, I am married and I need something more exciting.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I would hope that you don't have any underlying undiagnosed and untreated depression. With that ruled out fantasy is normal. I was wishing evil would all end yesterday just to stop the suffering of children, teens and young adults trafficked as sex slaves after watching the movie about it on LifeTime. I don't want the whole world to end, just the evil to stop. Now I understand why Dr Phil thought that young lady who dissapeared from that island might still be alive. ...sighs...

There is something that we can all do to help.

International Justice Mission

• Undecided
    Undecided

Tigerman you missed it by one letter, at my age I would have used a "p" instead of the "L". Getting paid is more important.

Ken P.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Does anyone truly think with the world situation in it's ever downward spiral of deterioration, can go on for another 50 years, 100 years, or even another 20? Something appears to me about to turn the corner. I don't think we as humans, with our extremely limited powers of reason and understanding truly grasp the big picture regarding world events. I no longer believe in the witnesses version of how paradise is to be brought about, I do believe, however, that we're here for a much grander purpose, which just cannot be attributed to our mindlessly being hurtled around in space to no end except our own destruction and world obliteration. Granted, there are problems on this planet that defy comprehension, yet, I still believe that God, in his infinite wisdom has a much greater purpose for all of our lives on this side of Heaven.

• fairchild
    fairchild

No, you're not weird.

I remember when the Y2K approached. I really hoped that the power would go out and that it would never come back on. At that time, a close friend was addicted to cocaine and my only thought was that if something major would happen on New Years Ever of 1999, everything would change for the better. I was actually looking forward to never going to work again and live off the land. I turned the TV on to see New Years Eve in countries that were ahead of us because of the time difference. When their power didn't go out, I was very, very disappointed, because I knew that ours wouldn't go out either.

• rmt1
    rmt1

While you may consciously think that you "really want the world to end," I really doubt that you do "really" do subconsciously. Are you not, after all, looking for encouragement on a trauma rehabilitation forum? Read this, then look up "Apophis," then see how you feel. http://impact.arc.nasa.gov/news_detail.cfm?ID=165

• dinah
    dinah

Hey Free I don't think you are weird. I like those kind of movies too. The Stand is my favorite book of all time. It's not that I'm looking forward to massive destruction, but it seems to me something has got to give for humanity to survive. I left the witnesses 20 years ago, but mentally I've only left their dogma in the last three years.

For me, it's very important to remember God made a provision, a way out, for us--through His Son. That's the only thing I'm really sure of. If you are hoping for God to fulfill his purpose and save us, them that's a good thing--IMHO.

The witnesses harp on "the end" too much and use it as a fear tactic to tow the line. I had nightmares about "the end" for years. Of course it was always "the end"--all the witnesses were in a safe place and I wasn't allowed to be there. See how they pound that into your head? No salvation without the "Slave".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit