Service Report for 2005 is not all good

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is not only "not all good", for the dubs, it is absolute rubbish!

Consider the effectiveness of what they do, and the vibrancy of their ministry. In 1975 they enjoyed a reported 9.7% increase. In that year there were 382,296,208, reported hours , they baptised 295,073 and increased the publishers by 181,736.. That meant a percentage increase , to baptisms of about 61% .It took around 2,103 field ministry hours to gain one increased publisher

In 2005,with the reported 1.3% increase - there were 1,278,201,985 reported hours , they baptised 219,926, and increased the publishers by 81,675. That meant a percentage increase to baptisms of around 37%. It took around 15,650 hours to gain one increased publisher

Even allowing for an expected number of deaths, there are a lot of missing publishers compared to new ones baptised. .... In the front door and our the back door?

Mind you the study article says, "Aglow with God's spirit , Jehovah's Witnesses zealously continue to proclaim the good news to the ends of the earth"..........."As a result, people everywhere are accepting the truth......."

This is not a "No spin zone!"

BTW - errors and omissions excepted, feel free to correct any maths . I ran out of fingers and toes to count up on.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I wonder how relative the number of publishers is to the number of baptisms. I started going door to door and reporting the time when I was 7 years old. I was baptized when I was 12. I was tossed up on the publisher chart a good 5 years before I was on the baptism record. I think number of publishers is the key figure. Number of baptisms is just an interesting figure not really very related to number of publishers.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I've been saying that for years Gary.You're recognized as a JW by your service report,not your baptism.That's why I can say I stopped being a jw 6 1/2 years ago when I stopped filling out a service report.

Goldminer

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

They keep chasing down us faders and df'ing us and next year they'll have some BIG negatives!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've always said that a growth of 0% is actually a loss of 2-3% because population grows at that rate (or did last time I looked) so that's a statistical loss!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Some of the hours on there would have been mine, and I was a bit creative, to say the least, in the last few months before I left, and I know others who were even more creative than me, and probably still are, so if we'd all been honest, the report would be even more negative than it is. Let's hope it continues to decline.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, nothing like watching the zeros grow! And I say to those of you who are fading, start putting in more fake hours in field service! Make those numbers go up!

Here's the new rules... Every time you post on this board, you get one hour.

• Joker10
    Joker10

You really can't compare the population growth with publisher growh.

Reason is JWs are not evenly distributed worldwide. Few exist in Islamic nations, and Africa's publisher ratio is still not low as the Western countries. In these two places the population growth far exceedes the America's and Europe's, where the majority of Witnesses live.

So JWs are growing more than it appears.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    You really can't compare the population growth with publisher growh.

You can compare total growth of the witnesses with worldwide population growth. What you said was not logical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit