My "un"association letter

by AuldSoul 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• TopHat
    TopHat

Very good AuldSoul, How they will react depends on their heart condition...some friends I have talk to about leaving...seem to think I am attacking the org. and my son thinks I am a pawn of Satan for using the same analogies you are using. If they are good men they will try and win you back with loving kindness. Still! That does not make right, what the Governing Body in Brooklyn are guilty of doing. Misleading and lieing to those who want to serve God in heartfelt truth.

• atypical
    atypical

I like the legal threat idea. Maybe we should have someone with legal expertise give us an effective line to threaten the elders with. Has this been done, does anybody know? I personally would like to have some type of legal short and sweet to use if my local elders ever try to df me.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Audsoul...this is probably one of the best da letters I have read here. You were to the point, backed up your reasons, and said a lot without being verbose.

I think adding a legal threat it to your letter would be inconsistent with what you have already written, since you are leaving it up to them. I am not a big fan of the legal threats anyway, I see it as a waste of time, and just adding animosity to the letter. But, hey, that is just me. Everyone has their reasons for what they put in their letters.

I really admire your letter because you are not focusing on the human errors of the elders and governing body, but on thier scriptural errors/principles. You are addressing core issues to the entire organization. You are showing that your letter isn't out of any grudge because of being wronged by people in the congregation.

I hope they let you walk away as well, though I doubt. Either way, I think it is a very brave letter.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Excellent letter

Can you tell me where I can find the 2 baptism questions prior to 1985 and where the 2 for 1985 are printed?

It is important that I know exactly which publications they are in for future talk with relatives.

Thanks for your help...

Codeblue

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I am well impressed, once again, AuldSoul, and grateful for your sharing it with us. Very helpful and illuminating. Thank you for letting your light shine.

~Merry

• outnfree
    outnfree

Excellent "un"association letter, AuldSoul!

I wish you peace.

out

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hi lemondrop lady!

Here you go:

*** w73 5/1 p. 280 Baptizing Follows Discipling ***
    (1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?
    (2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

Hope the family discussion goes well.

AuldSoul

• freedom96
    freedom96

Well done.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not normally hold with disassociation letters, but if one i going to do it, this the way. Beautifully written and retaining dignity. BTW , I am sure they will simply make the announcement on Thursday/Friday or whenever the next Service Meeting is held

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

sweet and to the point, very good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit