Can anyone recommend a good book to read?

by evergreen 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi yaroslavna, welcome to the forum!

• yaroslavna
    yaroslavna

Thank you! I am glad to find this forum!

• TopHat
    TopHat

I ask for the "In search of book at my local Library this morning...they don't have it nor do they have a copy in the county system of Librarys. ...She ask me if it was a new book...

They do have COC...but I have to wait for the book to come from another LIB in the system..

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Yaro((((( Glad you found us!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

OOps Yaro sorry !! I am the Oldie on board makes lots of mistakes ( 78 yrs old

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

If you are interested in a very interesting book, although not necessarily religious, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey is a book that I found to be good.

Jean

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

yes, that is a good book...I need to reread it.

Actually, if you are looking for fluff, Harry Potter books are fun. I am currently working on the 6th one.

"Job: A Comedy of Justice" by Robert Heinlein. I read it about 6 months or so after I left the KH. It is not religious, per se, but it made me think quite a bit about belief systems, etc.

dandelion wine is one of my favs, by Ray Bradbury.

I read CoC a few years ago. Well worth reading. I have not bothered with In Search of Christian Freedom, mostly because I am no loger any kind of Christian. I may read it someday though, because it has been spoken of very highly by people on the board.

I just finished Anthem by Ayn Rand...a bit black and white, but an interesting, if not simplistic read. I just started We the Living by her as well, but Think I am going to finish the Harry Potter book first, since I have a very bad cold and cannot handle anything too deep at the moment hahah.

• Panda
    Panda

I read "Crisis of Conscience" before I officially left the WTS; Then I ordered "In Search of Christian Freedom"; and that book is the one I was able to get other friends to read (including my husband) ... I loaned it to a friend and never got it back (that happens most of the time I lend books).

If you are interested in books about early greek scriptures then try anything by Elaine Pagels (The Gnostic Gospels, Beyond Belief). The Fox work "The unauthorised Version" ; for fiction nothing beats "The Red Tent" based on the story of Dinah from the Bible.

• evergreen
    evergreen

Thankyou for all your views and recommendations. I think i will have a bash firstly at "in search of christian freedom".

I am going to be bold and order this book and hopefully the wife when she sees it will read it to.

Thanks

Evergreen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit