Desolation of Jerusalem

by Alwayshere 240 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

You need to reread Josephus again because he said nothing about the seventy years indicating Babylonian supremacy in fact quite the opposite for this period referred to exile, servitude and desolation from the Fall to the Return.

The reigns for the Neo-Babylonian period vary from secular history as compared with the cunieform records and Josephus also gives different figures for some of these fellows. Whatever the case we have the troubling seven years for Nebuchadnezzer and the twenty year gap problem. Hence, a 'dog's breakfast'.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    You need to reread Josephus again because he said nothing about the seventy years indicating Babylonian supremacy in fact quite the opposite for this period referred to exile, servitude and desolation from the Fall to the Return.

Your postulation simply doesn't fit with all of the facts as a whole. As usual, you simply ignore the points that completely invalidate your flawed interpretation and observe only a subset of the facts without regard for the entire context.

The reigns for the Neo-Babylonian period vary from secular history as compared with the cunieform records and Josephus also gives different figures for some of these fellows. Whatever the case we have the troubling seven years for Nebuchadnezzer and the twenty year gap problem. Hence, a 'dog's breakfast'.

The 'dog's breakfast' as you like to call it is purely a creation of the Society. The 'twenty year gap' is a creation solely of the Society's flawed interpretation. You have been told many, many times that the supposedly 'missing' seven years of Nebuchadnezzar is simply a red herring, as no other king took his place, and for business purposes, it still would have been considered Nebuchadnezzar's rule during any period for which he was away but still officially king. Extant Babylonian and Egyptian chronology synchronize perfectly to verify that there is no 20-year gap in reality. Even if both chronologies were completely wrong, the chances of them both having the same error at the exact same place is infintesimally small. Added to that, Josephus confirms my reckoning of 182.5 years from the end of the ten-tribe kingdom until the first year of Cyrus. The more information is brought to light, the more accurate my interpretation seems to be. On the other hand, you are forced to claim that the 182.5 years must just be "irrelevant" because it is incompatible with your interpretation.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    elderwho

You can easily see that the secular data for the Neo-Babylonian period is very problematic especially with the case of two of those monarchs not withstanding Nebuchadenezzer's missing 'seven' years and the 'twenty year' gap. The whole thing is a 'dogs breakfast' so it is best to stick to Jehovah's organization and his sacred Word.

scholar JW

Thats pretty funny! Being problematic is what you put your faith in. Which makes your kings rule and years that you add up for 1914 is very probelmatic at the very least. As well as the fact that gentiles where still in Jerusalem past 1914. The twenty year gap is you and your organizations problem not mine. And you know you need to find somewhere to hang 20 years on. Thats the real issue nothing more. But you will sidestep this because you have to. Its rather telling how much you need the 20 years and you and the org. are desperate to hang on to it. And you will.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

It is your postulation that does not fit the facts of Josephus because you ignore what he plainly staes numerous times and rely on one case of a recogized scribal error.

The 'dog's breakfast' is hardly a creation of the Society for many other scholars have made similar observations concerning Neo-Babylonian chronology. Josephus gave regnal data for the kings that conflicts with other evidence, there remains the seven year problem and the twenty year gap cannot be reconciled with simple Bible chronology.

Again Josephus clearly indicated that the seventy years was not a period of Babylonish domination but a period of exile-servitude-desolation running from the Fall to the Return inside his 182.5 year also ending with the Return.

scholar JW.

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

Problematic is what Neo-Babylonian chronology is or a 'dog's breakfast' as I like to put it.

The twenty year gap problem exists because apostates and higher critics choose men's theories over God's Word so it is a matter of choice. You make yours and I make mine.

scholar JW

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    The twenty year gap problem exists because apostates and higher critics choose men's theories over God's Word so it is a matter of choice. You make yours and I make mine.

You have not made a choice. You are compelled to believe what your told. Plus you've been shown your problem in that you cannot reach 539 with your kings list. What will you do with that information? You will exhange the truth for the lie.

If you can reach 539 prove it, or live the lie.

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

It is you who is living the lie because you reject God's Word preferring false chronologies and the theories of men.

scholar JW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

preferring false chronologies and the theories of men. YES that sums up you and the WTBTS Scholar

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

scholar,

You have repeatedly been tossing out your pretentious assessment without a kings list of your own. Are you Rolf Furuli? Your arguments are identical and missing what historians call—hell, what everyone calls—AN ALTERNATE VIEWPOINT.

Please provide a kings list to support an alternate viewpoint. Including dates of reign.

AuldSoul

• scholar
    scholar

AuldSoul

It appears that I have already provided a king's list which accurately presents Neo-Babylonian chronology as 'dog's breakfast'. No, I am not Rolf Furuli but simply a quiet, humble scholar defending our beautiful chronology from the assaults of apostates.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit