Desolation of Jerusalem

by Alwayshere 240 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good going, ellderwho! You've got a moron by the balls, but he's too dead in the brainstem to know it.

AlanF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You have to admit AlanF - Scholar is entertaining - or perhaps not - he is just too easy - which makes it no fun refuting him

• ringo5
    ringo5
    If Jeremiah were alive today he would preach publicly the wonder of God's organization praising Jehovah and admire how the NWT has made good use of his original prophetic book.

YOU SOLD IT?

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

Now you must be well pleased that you have found that much sort after list and I hope you find that my list is most beneficial in proving how inadequate the secular evidence for the Babylonian rulers. It is much better to stick to biblical data then that of the pagans.

scholar JW

• City Fan
    City Fan
    how inadequate the secular evidence for the Babylonian rulers. It is much better to stick to biblical data then that of the pagans.

But 539 BC is derived from this same 'pagan' data. Surely any methodology has to be consistent. That of the celebrated Watchtower scholars seems entirely inconsistent.

• scholar
    scholar

City Fan

Yes I know that. It all comes down to methodology. What have I repeatedly told you fellows?

CHRONOLOGY= METHODOLOGY + INTERPRETATION

scholar JW

• ackack
    ackack

Aparently,

Chronology is: The science that deals with the determination of dates and the sequence of events.

Who would have guessed?

I wonder what method science uses? (hint: its not the force-facts-to-fit-preconceived-notion method)

ackack

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Frankly, I cannot be bothered with your childish requests for something that you can already create with the data provided in WT publications. Any constructed chronology for the Neo-Babylonian period is fraught with problems because of numerous gaps and conflicting data when one compares it to carefully crafted biblical chronology by celebrated WT scholars.

I think scholar's choice of words speaks volumes.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted carefully crafted

EXACTLY SCHOLAR FACTS TWISTED TO FIT WHAT THEY WANT

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    What you believe is also irrelevant. The focus lies elsewhere from your claim.

The focus is explicitly indicated by Jeremiah in 25:8-11, so all can see that you are a liar.

You do need to adopt anything because you have nothing but a flawed hypothesis based upon a false and misleading view of history. Your so-called Bible reading ignores Josephus entirely because his view contradicts your hypothesis.

My supposedly flawed hypothesis reconciles the Bible with all of the known facts. All you have is baseless denials and an end-times fantasy.

The concept of exile-servitude-desolation is believable because it agrees with Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezra and Josephus, a period of seventy years from the Fall in 607 BCE until the Return in 537 BCE. Nice and easy !!!

No, that concept contradicts Jeremiah and Daniel and is not consistent with the known facts of the period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit