What's So Special About JWD?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker
    Hopefully the board will get better and mature more.

In which direction Minimus? As in moving on from JW topics or just as to the general information or attitude of the board?

Ticker

• minimus
    minimus

mostly attitudes

• Ticker
    Ticker

I know where your going with this and I agree that we should all be a little more tolerant of one another. Why do we all need to be divided over the matter of how a discussion board is governed. We are all essentially on the same side and hoping to see the same outcome. I have been on this board for a number of years now since I began lurking during my last years of involvement with the Watchtower Society. I may not have commented as many do not when first discovering the "truth about the truth", but I sat four years silent on here reading every post. I do in a sence feel a bit of cliquieness between some posters but this happens anywhere. I try not to think of that but just do my best to aid in exposing Watchtower wrongs. I miss many on this board who no longer post and hope ones can stay a contributer to the board rather then cease activity.

As for content I feel that the board is pretty well on track for what it should display.

I don't think this board should move on from critically analyzing the Watchtowers doctrines. This is the place that everyone knows and goes if the latest news is to be had on the Organization. Their are other boards out their comprised of ex witnesses who have essentially moved on and left the Watchtower behind. I think that is a healthy step in ones process but this board and most who are older posters here I think have moved on but give their time to try to help newbies. In spite of this boards imperfections it does offer a tremendous amount of documented information of the Watchtower organization. It helps put this information into the hands of the public with good debate added to the mix.

Ticker

• minimus
    minimus

Well said Ticker. The truth is- JWD is the best board to help exiting JWs.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Moderators R-a must,i was posting at unmoderated Profind forum and the same dub troll played good cop/bad cop with at least 3 different user names.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Yes Minimus it is a very effective board for that purpose. Their are other boards to set up that are very beneficial and range in a variety of formats and feeling. Some are very relaxed and allow ex-JW's to chat with one another as friends, this is excellent to thoese who have moved on from the initial steps of exiting the Watchtower. I really enjoy both elements. I like helping people and getting the latest and sometimes I like to just kick back and talk with friends. Depending on which depends on which board I visit.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker
    the same dub troll played good cop/bad cop with at least 3 different user names.

Totally in agreement here. Their must be some moderation against that type of activity. When you post here I think its good to remember its real people we are trying to help and by trolling it only detracts from that purpose.

As for opinions though, it shouldn't matter and everyone should be entitled to their own without retribution. As long as their argument is honest it should be open to debate.

Ticker

• one of 12
    one of 12

It's the freedom of religon, freedom of expression ,freedom to think outside the box, freedom to ask the questions, freedom to hear the answers, freedom to have real friends (even though we haven't met) and more importantly it's FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all of you out there in cyber land thank you for the listening ears that really hear
    jennine

• Ticker
    Ticker

Welcome to the board Jennine.

Ticker

• Dansk
    Dansk

It feels like home!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit