What's So Special About JWD?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Whats the sound of one hand clapping?

If a tree falls in the forest and no-one hears it, has it truly fallen?

Hmmmmm.... (Katie examines belly button fluff, and ponders on all the molecules in the world that have come together in her naval to make this special substance...)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Because this is where the special people go. Its like special here. Like special ed.

I always wanted to be special! Get to go on the special bus, play with my crayons all day!

lolol

Don't think they call them the special kids anymore do they?

ok

I'm here because I can talk to anyone here (almost) and they know where I'm coming from. Even though we may have ended at different places, we all have a common experience.

I guess thats special.

Sherry

• prophecor
    prophecor
    (Katie examines belly button fluff, and ponders on all the molecules in the world that have come together in her naval to make this special substance...)

I'd like to take a gander at that

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I'd like to take a gander at that

Prophecors gaze adds to the universal wonder that is my tummy dust....

• prophecor
    prophecor

Monkee See Monkee Doo. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no..........

MMIA?

We've been lookin' 4U

• kls
    kls

Hi ya PropI am everywhere Yep, even there

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think it is special for a few reasons

The information on this site is amazing it its research and refutations of the WT teachings.

The support so many get here is pretty cool too. So often people are responding that they feel simi;ar to others. Personal stories I think help new posters a lot to see they are not alone. Regardless of how a person leaves the WTS there is plenty of support. I didn't have that when i left 20 years ago. But now the support is easily accessible to anyone with a computer and internet access.

I think too that the wide variety of topics from fluff right through to the deeper subjects help people. Even the fluff provides those who have left a way to learn real-world socialization skills.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I belonged to another discussion bored (misspelled on purpose) and it was so tiresome to read everyone writing swears at eachother and saying the most disgusting things to one another.

I also belonged to a womans xjw support email group once upon a time where the owner was literally taking advantage of people - saying she had no money for this or that, no money for christmas and soliciting funds. A lot of what she said turned out to be a big lie.

I like it that there is a spirit of freedome here, but not so free that people can be truly vile to one another and take advantage of good hearted people who share a common association by experience.

I have come here on days where literally I thought I was going to run away from my life but I was encouraged and supported by people who have never seen me and don't know me from eve. That's why I am still here.

Chrystal

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Because no one here has to be told excessive background information to understand a situation. And I feel like my experiences can help other people so I stay to share them with those just starting their journey out of the organization.

• minimus
    minimus

In spite of some its flaws, it's THE discussion board for JW related matters. Hopefully the board will get better and mature more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit