What's the worst response a person ever said to you in the field service?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

probably the nastiest thing said were the words some a moslim extremist, who told me exactly how he would like to see me killed.

Didn't care to much and was not scared at that time. (at that time there weren't any killing my muslim extremists yet)

The ones that always bothered me more, were the ones that were so kind and basically told me:

you are a nice guy, I feel so sorry that you are a so dumb to believe in all that s%^t.

Danny

• forsharry
    forsharry

It's not what the guy said...it was the aura off of him.

I went to a door...I was 16 at the time, and working with another sister that I went to high school with. This man opened the door and I literally sucked in my breath. My little voice in the back of my head that we beat into submission while in the bOrg? Yeah it was screaming at me to get the he// away from this man.

He looked like Charles Manson. Oh not like him...but the same crazy shaggy unkempt hair and those souless eyes. He had tattoos all over him. I love tattoos....I do not like tattoos of swastikas, satanic symbols, and gore. He wore around his neck necklaces with inverted pentacles, bones and what appeared to be human teeth.

I don't know...I just got the most serious heebee-geebies I had ever experienced. It was 95 degrees in July and I got 'violent' goosebumps, like my skin hurt from it. My faithful dub friend was oblivious to the vibes. I simply said, "I'm terribly sorry to have disturbed you. I hope you have a nice day." And turned to walk away. Boy did I get chewed out and called a coward for that one, but I've never gone wrong listening to that inner-voice.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Can't remember what was said but when I was about ten years old this house holder got the best of me by using his bible to prove me wrong and I went back to the car crying.

Ken P.

• JH
    JH
    He looked like Charles Manson

Maybe I wasn't baptized yet

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

forsharry - i got the heebie jeebies just reading about your experience!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I was invited in once by this guy who was high on drugs. I ventured into a dark room that was full of smoke and took my place on a sofa, to find myself being starred at by about 10 people all with strange looks on their faces. Anyway they blank me an start talking amongst themselves about the impending murder charge one of them was up for. I made my excuses and left.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

The man said "I am going in the house to get my gun & if you are not gone when I get back I will shoot you." I asked "can we talk about it." He started for the house and a neighbor standing there said "he means it."

B

• pratt1
    pratt1

This experience was more funny than scary.

I grew up in Brooklyn, very urban, lots of kids. On Saturday morning on a hot summer day, the entire field service group was standing outside of the bookstudy home and across the street 3 young boys had turned on the fire hydrant to cool off.

When we stepped out of the house these guys used an old soup can ( both the top and bottom had been removed) and used it as a hose to spray water on the entire bookstudy group. For those of you that have not seen this done before, the force of water coming out of the fire hydrant is extremely strong and can be directed with the use of the can to go about 20 feet.

Well the water knocked people down, spilling the magazines and books on to the wet street. We were completely soaked to the bone.

Me and a few other brothers ran after the kids and gave them a good chase with our parents egging us along to get those little devils.

Of course this experience was told at the next service meeting as another example of how Satan will stop at nothing to halt the preaching work.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I remember when I was about 12 years old, a man came out screaming from his house,

"Get off this street, get out of the neighborhood. Stop selling God like a vacuum cleaner. Stop it. stop it."

And he followed us down the entire block ranting and raving.

I bet the neighbors thought he was a real jerk. I'd hate to have to live next door to a guy like that.

Rub a Dub

• twolips
    twolips

I was a teen working alone and after knocking on the door a dog came running towards me so got in-between the screen door and the regular door for fear . A lady opened her door and I fell in and said sorry Mam , Your dog scared me and she said it doent like Jehovahs witnessses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit