Is Christmas for Pagans?

by LittleToe 66 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Actually, I think the Christians are the ones that polluted the holiday in the first place!

That's my point! Excellent. I'll have none of this namby-pamby "it's ok to have a little Christianity in our celebration" nonsense. Be Pagan and stand proud!

Keep up the good show - I've got to go to bed!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Nighty night - Sleep tight - Don't let those bed bugs bite!

And dreams of Britt Ecklund, erm, sugar plumbs danced in his head

• Satanus
    Satanus

*Pats lt on the head as he nods off*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

• Satanus
    Satanus

*Gently places lt's teddybear beside him on the pillow*

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Awwwww - so cute.

(one of my cats is snoring right now, too)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The so-called "Christian" part of Christmas is so heavily loaded with pagan motives (virgin birth, the Magi) that it would take a very narrow-minded Pagan to object...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

But, LT,

there isn't any such thing as a "true pagan" a "true pagan" likes things eclectic a true pagan knows there isn't any such thing as One True Religion. The ones who hiss and scratch whenever his name is mentioned are the ones who have been hurt by his more insecure and unimaginative followers.

And (blush) I think Jesus understands this. I found myself writing a poem last year wherein Jesus said, "When I come to you, I don't always give my right name." I'm with Matthew Fox and that crew on this one – the true Christ is Cosmic and wears any face that will make you smile with delight and relief – or, if you've seen through that trick – no face at all.

gently feral

P.S.: Modern neo-Pagans have been thinking about this subject for years.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Christmas is merely a patina by which the catholic tried to hide the pagan. It satisfies most one dimensional christians (not suggesting that you are, lt). Pagans, however know that paganism is in the heart. It is in every tree, every blade of grass, in the dirt, the sun, the moon and the stars, in the grizzly bear, the squirel and the bluejay. Maybe it's the same as the tao.

S

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    What "true Pagan" would want to get mixed up in such a decadent celebration with such a history of Christian connotations?

I do, Ross!! I don't care what you call it, people get their panties all in a twist over it and I think it's ridiculous. Just enjoy the family, good food and beverages, the giving, and the birth of a new year. How could that be bad?

**muah**

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit