SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    BTW Australia = 0% incease

interesting.... the last few years its been -1%

• ringo5
    ringo5

I'VE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE SECRET TO ETERNAL LIFE...

PARTAKING OF MEMORIAL EMBLEMS CAUSES YOUR NORMAL AGING PROCESS TO SLOW DOWN TO A CRAWL! JUST ASK THOSE 8500 PARTAKERS!

LIFE WITHOUT END, AT LAST!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lamo @ ringo!

I'm surprised with the 1% jump in France - they've been pretty tough on the JWs.

Few things galvanize a group like persecution.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

The report is supposed to be only witnesses who turn in time regularly. So those out for years are not included. Strange though, before I left they started putting names of people who had not been to meetings in years back into bookstudy groups.Entire families in some cases. Some bookstudys would have 15 or 20 people listed but only 6 would be there.

The number of partakers is relevant to their doctrines because currently they believe armageddon will come before all annointed are dead. On account of the chosen ones(annointed) those days will be cut short(tribulation)

That is why I feel they are being squeezed by time. They still need armageddon to come soon or they will have to start changing major doctrines. If they can wiggle the great crowd to become the chosen ones by extension somehow they may get by. The great crowd can run the org, serve on the governing body, etc.

I saw a quote from a WT where they quietly applied the scripture about the glorious ones, which had always been the annointed elders, to elders in general. It may be a start. In any case requiring the org on earth to be run by annointed only can't last much longer.

• blondie
    blondie
    Strange though, before I left they started putting names of people who had not been to meetings in years back into bookstudy groups.Entire families in some cases. Some bookstudys would have 15 or 20 people listed but only 6 would be there.

Woodsman, I wondered if the elders told them of the assignment. (smile)

I've seen this done too. Inactive people who haven't been for 5 or more years. I had to ask who they were.

Sometimes people don't go where they are assigned, especially book studies. Can you imagine a paradise earth inhabited by people that don't do what the elders say?!

Blondie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I've been looking back, back, back...when was the last time the Memorial Attendance took a 370,000+ nose dive?

I'll keep looking. VERY significant drop.

AuldSoul

• glitter
    glitter

because currently they believe armageddon will come before all annointed are dead.

Oh no they don't! :)

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Blondie, Thats a funny thought cause I don't think they told them.

Glitter, The WTS doesn't think the generation of 1914 has to be alive at armageddon as you pointed out but they do believe there has to be at least some annointed left alive. These could have been born after 1914.

*** w96 12/15 p. 30 Do You Remember? ***

How were ‘those days cut short’ so that “flesh” could be saved in the first century, and how will it occur on a larger scale? (Matthew 24:22)

In 66 C.E., the Romans unexpectedly cut short their siege on

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

*** w96 12/15 p. 30 Do You Remember? ***

How were ‘those days cut short’ so that “flesh” could be saved in the first century, and how will it occur on a larger scale? (Matthew 24:22)

In 66 C.E., the Romans unexpectedly cut short their siege on

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Sorry, its not pasteing right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit