How big does the "Big News" have to be for you to not feel disappointed?

by GetBusyLiving 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Handcuffs and serious jail time for every member of the GB would be good.

J

• Bryan
    Bryan

I think if it's really big, as in the news outlest pick it up immidiately.... the hard-core jws will think it's the beggining of the Great Tribulation. "We're being persecuted!"

Just as people left in 75, 95 many could still yet break away.

IMHO

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Faithful Discreet Slave would be exposed to the world as fulfilling the following scripture:

Jer 28:15 The Lord did not send you, but you have led these people to trust in a lie.

• freedom96
    freedom96

My guess is that whatever the news is and how it affects the organization and us will greatly depend on our reaction and what we do with the information.

If it indeed is big, then the media must know. The means thousands of us need to hound the news media and let them know what really goes on.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The sad thing is that whatever it is, it will most likely only reach a tiny minority of JW's unless it makes major head-lining news. If it is not taken up by journalists then JW's will never learn about it, except for those few rebels that browse sites such as this. Even if it receives significant media coverage world-wide, the sad thing is that it will just be dismissed by 98% of JW's as more distortions and smear-campaigning, just like they have done with the child-molestation scandals and NGO thing. At the least it may act as the tipping point for many already on the edge of leaving.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It has to REACH and AFFECT the R&F. Here in the UK, I found that JW are ignorant of the NGO fiasco - and also the child abuse cases - I have actually had it said to me that if THESE things were true, then they would have been ANNOUNCED at the KH! If anything IS ever exposed, it's always because 'Jehovah' has made this happen at the right time in order to keep HIS Congregation 'Clean'.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I think if it's really big, as in the news outlest pick it up immidiately.... the hard-core jws will think it's the beggining of the Great Tribulation. "We're being persecuted!"

I thought exactly the same thing. They would probably say it was that scripture about the beast turning upon gods people.

EXCEPT - they always said the beast would turn on the great harlot FIRST, and then look round and see gods people still standing. And clearly all other religion has not been done away with.

Im really interested to see how this pans out - the news, then the squirming denials and slippy words that make R&F still believe its the truth.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It would be good for it to be disturbing enough to knock another couple of percentage points off the growth rate. If something could get double digit declines in developed countries that would make me happy.

But even if it is just minor, I like just being able to know something is going on that the average dub knows nothing about. I always loved to be up on the latest gossip. If my mum ever talks to me about it I can say in my most blaise tone, "Oh that, I heard about it in 05"

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

hmmm...I dunno...I am not holding my breath for too much. And that is no disrespect to Barbara, or anyone else. I just think we may see it as big news, because how the WT has affected our lives. But the ordinary rank and file, the ones that are blinded by their faith? I dunno...and the general public? I don't think a lot of them will care, really.

My biggest hope would be that they would get nailed for molestations like the Catholic Church has been.

Big news is relative to what your situation is.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I want this to be absolutely HUGE. I want it all over the news, I want it on the front pages of the newspapers, I want it plastered all over the Internet, the more the better.

But of course, that's probably just wishful thinking on my part. This news might be big, but it's probably not as big and important we most of us would like it to be. I'd just like to be big enough that my unbaptized, inactive boyfriend will hear about it and maybe open his eyes and mind a little to the flaws of the WTS, that's all. Just big enough so that he'll consider that maybe, just maybe, the WTS isn't right about everything and that other Christians might be good people, too.

Of course, if it's monstrously huge and it completely blows the WTS's cover, all the better, but I just need something to open my boyfriend's mind and help him see the WTS from another angle, a more objective and less biased one. He really is a smart man, he's just been blinded by the WTS and won't listen to reason, and I really need something to fix that.

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit