How big does the "Big News" have to be for you to not feel disappointed?

by GetBusyLiving 29 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I hope this is huge. Like massive bethel schism huge. Like families reuniting in a blur of tears and joy, HUGE.

GBL

• kittyeatzjdubs
  • daystar
    daystar

I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm so distanced from the whole scene really anyway, that unless it frees my parents from their own slavery to the Org, it doesn't effect me much at all.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If it weren't Barb making the announcement, I think I could resist having any interest at all until it's announced. But.. it is Barb.

I hope it's something that's broadly appealing and easily provable. I hope it's something that no amount of spin could render inert. I hope it crawls up the Watchtower's neck while it sleeps, sneaks in through its ear, and devours it from the inside.

Here's hoping!

Dave

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I hope this is huge. Like massive bethel schism huge. Like families reuniting in a blur of tears and joy, HUGE.

Maybe governments will sieze bethel complexes worldwide and convert them into homeless shelters.

I think the average JW enjoys being in denial. It's comfortable. It'll take a lot to knock some sense into most of them.

W

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Id be happy with something small like:

"Pubic lice found in Watchtower Farms linen"

"Governing Body member seen in A&E with hose attachment from vacuum cleaner stuck on penis"

"Kingdom Halls fined by City Council for refusing to fit wheelchair access to book room"

"Footage of dog humping chickens on pirate copies of WBTS CD-Rom"

"Scandal as Watchtower magazine paper found to be inferior, and disloves in heavy downpours"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, we've seem them flip-flop on doctrines, and abandon closely cherished ideas. We've seen them charged with molestation and coverups. These things have been embarassing, but they haven't been "Jim Baker"-big or "Armstrong"-big. I'd like to see a governing body member in prison. I'd like to see them fined and lose their non-profit status. Anything less would just be pecking at them.

• undercover
    undercover

Big enough that the average everyday Joe Schmoe JW would have to admit to himself that something is bad, bad wrong and a closer look at the inner workings and history of the WTS is required.

Once you get someone to that point, they're pretty much out, even if they don't come right out and DA themselves. If a large number just suddenly came to the realization that something is wrong and tried to go inactive, the WTS would either have to make drastic changes or clamp down heavier. Either way, massive hemoraeging(sp) is going to happen.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hmm, I'm having evil thoughts of how I might like the Big News to affect Ted Jaracz

• Golf
    Golf

I have confidence in Barbara, so I won't be disappointed. I'm not going to sit and try to guess what it is. Its' probably something that was in front of our noses all along and we never noticed it. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the international bankers have been financing the org. since the begining.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit