Who threw your first birthday party after leaving the organization?

by Mysterious 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Who threw your first birthday party after you left the organization, or did you throw it for yourself?

My best friend threw mine, it was my 18th birthday. She made a huge homemade cake for me with all 18 candles and icing. They got me one of those stupid coneshaped hats to make me wear because they said I'd missed out and invited everyone from our extended friend group at school, even though I hadn't really be able to hang out with them outside of school much yet. They all went together to get a bucket of little presents to make sure I had at least one for every year I had missed out on growing up and wrapped everything with orders to tear the paper as much as possible. I got a lot of those "throw back to childhood" types of items given to me as well. What was your first birthday party like? And how did it compare to birthdays you had before you were in the truth if you weren't raised in it.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I left the Tower when I was nearly 40, and never had an adult birthday party. A group of students at work surprised me with a birthday party that had decorations in the office, cake, and various gifts. That was my first birthday party after leaving. I had nothing to do with it, and it was the best one yet.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Cool birthday party stories!!! Love it...

I was 27 when my new best friend, her husband, and my husband threw me my first birthday party. Dinner, cake, candles tears and when they gave me my present to open my hands trembled. My friend was so surprised and concerned at my unexpected emotional reaction. She'd celebrated everything her whole life and it being a new experience for me was a new experience for her too. I also enjoyed my first Christmas celebration with her family...

~Merry

• skyman
    skyman

I asked for a 40yr one and one body was a brave enough to give me one. Damn I need more friends that do not know my past. I asked everyone why they didn't they said they did not think it was a good idea it would have been found out by the congregation and everyone thought I needed no more trouble

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I had my first party this year. I really wanted to have a big proper celebration but it came down to the matter that I had no idea how to do it. The whole thing overwhelmed me thinking of what needs to be done. That nobody might turn up. Instead I just sent emails around asking people to come out for a drink with me. I still feel disappointed about it.

This weekend I threw a birthday party for my boyfriend though. And it was great fun too. So I am going to give it another shot at my own party in 4 months time!!! fingers crossed!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I had at least one for every year I had missed out on growing up and wrapped everything with orders to tear the paper as much as possible. I got a lot of those "throw back to childhood" types of items given to me as well. What was your first birthday party like? And how did it compare to birthdays you had before you were in the truth if you weren't raised in it.

Are you hinting I should throw you a birthday party?? I haven't even bought your Xmas present yet...

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I threw my first. I had just moved into a flat so had my 21st there. As I worked for an electrical firm, so plenty of men, went to the early hours of the morning. Neighbours complained but a good time had by all who attended.

• Satanus
    Satanus

About 3 yrs ago, a girlfriend put on my first one. A walk beside the river to see the falls. She made a lovely supper, candles burning. Afterwards, lights low, some kind of aroma in the air, a night to remember. The next morning, she presented to me a picture that she colored (pretty good) of the falls where we had been. I am grateful for that party.

S

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Are you hinting I should throw you a birthday party?? I haven't even bought your Xmas present yet...

Hey you have time yet. One thing at a time right. =D

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My brother Tim threw my first party and he throws an AWESOME party! It was a surprise party and they got me, I was not prepared for anything like it! Too funny, we ended up playing this game where someone says something they did (or wanted to do) in their lifetime (mostly sex stuff) and if you have ever done it you have to take a drink. I won't tell you how much drinking went on!

Ha, TMI for sure!!

You always remember your first time, right??!!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit