SNG in Kyoto: Picture collection!

by seattleniceguy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm going to show your pictures to my husband. He's been dying to visit Japan.

Josie

• Es
    Es

Fantastic pics SNG thanks for sharing

es

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

How beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you can post more as you have time. Enjoy yourself!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

SNG,

Great photos. Great for you. Have always wanted to go to Japan.

Last night Lori and I had a fire in the fireplace, sat on quilts in front of it, ate Chinese food, drank some heated sake and, well, I'll stop there. It was a great evening. Great. Outside there was a foot of new snow and temps in the 20s. Bright, clear sky.

Not quite Japan, but quite all right, thank you. I wasn't envying anyone.

S4

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wonderful -glad you are having fun

• Undecided
    Undecided

Beautiful pictures. What type of camera did you use? I guess like everyone else it was digital. I wish I could afford a SLR digital.

Ken P.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Undecided,
    It was just a little Sony Cybershot, 3.2 megapixels, a couple years old. It really does a great job. The secret is to turn the flash permanently off, as it totally screws up the lighting. The camera is smart enough to keep the shutter open appropriately, so if you have steady hands, you can take good shots even in low lighting.
    I have to say, though, I was envious of my traveling companion's camera. It's basically the same model as mine, but two years newer. The physical interface has some improvements, but the biggy is that it is very slim - about the form factor of a deck of cards. Mine felt like a big old clunker in comparison. Of course, the concept of being able to take great pictures with a camera that (easily) fits in your coat pocket would be unthinkable ten years ago, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining. :-)
    SNG

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Wow, SNG!! These are awesome! I'm envious. Thanks so much for sharing, some of us have to live vicariously through the travels of others!!

Sherry

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Okay I'm officially jealous.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, incredibly beautiful! I'm glad you had a great time and were able to share it with us. Thanks.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Simply beautiful...thanks so much for sharing. I've always wanted to go to Japan too. My grandmother's aunt spent some time there and I have some of the gifts she sent my grandmother from there (some 75 years ago).

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit