Headship principle

by TheListener 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

One of their perversions and hypocracies I find is the way they have brothers take the lead consider this:

They say women should not teach in the congregation, but are not number 3 and 4 talks attempting to "teach" material or method to the congregation.

Yet they ban women from working on the sound system, carrying microphones or handing out literature. All tasks that would not involve teaching and some of which are behind the scenes enough that they wouldnt be sene as leadership to be sure. But hey let's get them to *clean* the kingdom hall because no self respecting brother wants to scrub a urinal.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

No Legolas, silly it was Be their head, not Give.....

oh you know

Sherry

• Legolas
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Christ is the head of the congregation. What was his example? Does this correspond perfectly to the headship role of a husband? I think that's for each to decide. A Christian man needs to conscientiously determine what his role should be. He should share that with his wife/prospective wife. She needs to think about what she's willing to live with. She can accept it, try to modify his views or leave. I don't believe a woman has to put up with domination under the guise at headship. Headship has been an excuse to oppress women for too long.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

1 Corinthians 11:11-12 also states "In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman can from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God." Now there are a number of ways this could be interpreted, but I think Paul is trying to say that God intended for man and woman to help each other. That's my two cents.

• skyman
    skyman

remember the neck turns the head anyway she wants

• caligirl
    caligirl

Headship as described in the bible, and the headship taught by JW's are two different things. The headship principle in the bible does not leave the woman powerless - far from it actually. The witnesses and many religions teach a very perverted view of headhip and responsibility.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

[quote]Headship as described in the bible, and the headship taught by JW's are two different things. The headship principle in the bible does not leave the woman powerless - far from it actually.[/quote] Exactly. When read in the entire context, the Bible teaches man husband and wife to work together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit