Poll: Is DEFD an apostate?

by wanderlustguy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you Crumpet

How's the toe?

When I posted that I got a flash of Gollum *snicker* I watched part of "Return of the King" last night.

Josie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

the toe is more of a green grape than a purple one - thanks mrs jones!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

oh owie! you must handle pain well

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No.

The WTS might think differently, but to be frank he's done nothing unbiblical or unChristian by hanging out here and discussing stuff.

To be honest I've found his candor refreshing. Maybe it's the fact that he wasn't raised as a JW and so can see some of their foibles that allows him to be a little more balanced than most.

It's a shame he fights for the party-line as much as he does, in the face of people who knew the party line long before he did, but methinks he'll continue to learn. We all benefit from those kind of discussions.

I genuinely like him

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

From the WTS standards, possibly. Is he an apostate by the true definition of the word? I do not think so. I consider him a spiritual person who is conscientious of his spiritual need and does work at trying to do what is pleasing to Jehovah (or Yahweh) and his son Jesus Christ (from what I have read from his posts).

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The WTS might think differently, but to be frank he's done nothing unbiblical or unChristian by hanging out here and discussing stuff.

But therein lies the rub, Ross. WLG is basing this poll on WTS standards. I agree that biblically there is no foundation for such charges, but the standard being the WTS changes everything.

Jeff

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Yes, by the definiton Defd would use he is.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

WLG didnt say whose standards we were judging by. i agree on the whole i find is candour refreshing.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    WLG didnt say whose standards we were judging by. i agree on the whole i find is candour refreshing.

On the first page, about his second post I thought he did. I will have to go back and look again though now. Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

It's a shame he fights for the party-line as much as he does, in the face of people who knew the party line long before he did, but methinks he'll continue to learn. We all benefit from those kind of discussions

Have to admit. He upsets me very much!!! He defends the WT.... In our support group there are SO many that have lost Fathers, Mothers, Friends, Sisters, brothers, have lost self respect ( owing to the elders discription of them... ) I feel his defense of the Wt is a siding with false teaching.... Sorry if this offends all those who love DEFD- But I love him I dont like him- if he was here we could have a friendly discussion ( he refused to answer my question ages ago) I would love to introduce him to all those who have lost family owing to WT .I wouldnt be able to intoduce him the some who killed themselves !!!! Hoping they would get a resurrection be cause they died before Armegedon... ( another false teaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit