Poll: Is DEFD an apostate?

by wanderlustguy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I vote yes.

• daystar
    daystar

I suspect if the Elders in his Hall knew his true state of mind, they would suspect him, yes.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

well does he preach an alternative view to the JWs? he does a bit on the board but does he in real life - I don't know. he did say on one thread - cordelias i think - about how can they be so cruel and he agreed in measure and thats why he didnt want to be an elder. talking to dfed people and apostates surely makes him candidate for dfing himself, but i'm not going to dob him in....

• under74
    under74

I'm going to vote YES. I know that even if he admits he doesn't agree with the WTS he'll still defend it's beliefs...BUT he's here on JWD constantly and he wouldn't be if he knew the beliefs were right.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

He agrees with all of their core doctrines, so I vote no. He would probably be considered bad association if it were known that he frequents an apostate board, he feels some elders are unqualified, and believes some are DF'd inappropriately. Maybe if a genuine Witch Hunt was launched against him, they could nail him on his DF'ing views. But overall, I don't think he's genuinely an apostate. Edited to add: Although... he DOES seek out regular association with DF'd people, which IS a violation of their core doctrines. Hmmm... maybe he would qualify as an apostate. We'll have to float it by the aposta-elders and see if he deserves to be en-fellowshipped.

Is there a pre-postate? I'd drop him in that category.

Dave

• serendipity
    serendipity

By who's definition? The WTS? or the Bible?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

not yet, but well on his way.

• under74
    under74

DAVE- Isn't he guilty by association?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    well does he preach an alternative view to the JWs? he does a bit on the board but does he in real life - I don't know. he did say on one thread - cordelias i think - about how can they be so cruel and he agreed in measure and thats why he didnt want to be an elder. talking to dfed people and apostates surely makes him candidate for dfing himself, but i'm not going to dob him in....

Lets say by WTS standards, remember according to the "Pay Attention" book, only conflicting beliefs are required, and by stating that the elders as a group are wrong about something, you're disagreeing with the GB because they actually set the policies i.e. the molestation issues and reporting to authorities.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, though he won't admit it.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit