What are JW's leaders going to do when we hit the year 2014 and no Armaggdn

by booker-t 42 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

We are fast approaching the year 2014 which will be 100 years since 1914. What are JW's and the WT going to do if Armaggeddon has not occurred by then? Will they come up with a bunch of "new light" to do away with 1914 all together? Will they suddenly announce that Jesus came into kingdom power in the year 2014? This will buy them so much time if the starting point is puch up 100 years. I found out after I left JW's that they pushed up the 1874 date and made it 1914. That bought them 40 more years but Armaggeddon still did not come. So I was wondering what will they do. I sacasticly imposed this question on my mom who has been a devout JW since 1965 and she said that Jehovah is guiding the WT society so he will let the brothers at Bethel know what changes would need to be made. I just could not believe she is still defending the WT society even after all of their blunders.

• skyman
    skyman

Prepare for the meeting and continue to shepard the flock as they send donations and give the Society worship.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Well, you know there is going to be some old codger who was born in 1914 and in the organization. They will say, look, plenty of people are still alive! Armaggedon is just around the corner!
    Or they will somehow rationalize that the Great Tribulation has begun, and for us all to quit our jobs and move to Montana or something.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My JW relatives say "even if this isn't the truth, it's still a good way to live life." I think many JWs think this way.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

serendipity, thats why my family says..... it isnt the truth??? who cares, at least we are a clean respected people!!!!!!!! NO YOURE NOT!!! EVERYONE HATES YOU!

well, the people at the top will invite all JWs to their headquaters in the different lands, and then when everyone drinks the punch.... they will all flop over and armageddon is over...

the infamous one

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I think it's going to be hard to put a good spin on it. For an entire year JW's will be reminded of how incompetent their domineering organization is. I think it will further dilute their credibility and authority among the "faithful".

What I wonder is how the Society will try to spin it. They will either have to jetison the 1914 teaching well in advance of this date, so it isn't too obvious OR they are going to have to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of 1914. Either choice is awkward for them.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"They will either have to jetison the 1914 teaching well in advance of this date, so it isn't too obvious OR they are going to have to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of 1914. Either choice is awkward for them."

Shhhh... don't give em too many ideas, they are probably trying to find ways to do this as we speak.

• willyloman
    willyloman

They will do exactly the same thing they've done all the other times their predictions failed. They are getting really good at this!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I think there will be more emphasis on the 120 years that Noah had to build the ark and 'preach'. That gives them until 2034.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

They will all be posting on Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum and there will be a few cranks running eschatology courses in the desert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit