What are JW's leaders going to do when we hit the year 2014 and no Armaggdn

by booker-t 42 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

The "Generation" change didn't really solve anything and created a whole host of new problems.

1. The identification of the "Great Crowd" in 1935 is still inseparably tied to the old generation teaching.

(i.e. Since the great crowd survive the great tribulation, it must, of necessity occur within the lifetime of anyone alleged to be of this group. Consequently, JW's currently believe that there was only one hope, the heavenly one, from Pentecost clear up until the proximity of the end made the identification of the great crowd possible. )

2. Modifying #1 above would create a third class of Christians that the JW's are not prepared to account for.

(i.e. The JW's base their two class salvific system on their unique interpretation of John's temple vision. John "saw" only two groups. This is why the JW terms, "Other Sheep" and "Great Crowd" are completely synonymous in the Christian Era )

3. Modifying either #1 or #2 above robs a life spent as a JW of any meaning.

(i.e. In practical terms, what would be the difference now between a JW with the "earthly hope" that died in a concentration camp and an SS guard in that same camp, now that they are both dead and awaiting resurrection?)

• garybuss
    garybuss
    The Watchtower October 15, 1995 pp. 22-23 How Will You Stand Before the Judgment Seat?
    said:
    22 Does this parable apply when Jesus sat down in kingly power in 1914, as we have long understood? Well, Matthew 25:34 does speak of him as King, so the parable logically finds application since Jesus became King in 1914. But what judging did he do soon thereafter? It was not a judging of “all the nations.” Rather, he turned his attention to those claiming to make up “the house of God.” (1 Peter 4:17) In line with Malachi 3:1-3, Jesus, as Jehovah’s messenger, judicially inspected the anointed Christians remaining on earth. It was also time for judicial sentence on Christendom, who falsely claimed to be “the house of God.” (Revelation 17:1, 2; 18:4. ) Yet nothing indicates that at that time, or for that matter since, Jesus sat to judge people of all the nations finally as sheep or goats.

24 In other words, the parable points to the future when the Son of man will come in his glory. He will sit down to judge people then living. His judgment will be based on what they have manifested themselves to be. At that time “the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one” will have been clearly established. (Malachi 3:1) The actual pronouncing and executing of judgment will be carried out in a limited time. Jesus will render just decisions based on what has become evident about individuals.—See also 2 Corinthians 5:10.

Since the "great crowd" and the "other sheep" are inseparably linked, the deferring of the identification of the "other sheep" also defers the "great crowd". As of right now, no sheep and no crowd. So this begs the question: If there are no other sheep identified now, and the great crowd and the other sheep are the same . . . who are Jehovah's Witnesses?

• knothead34
    knothead34

people live to be a hundred years old all the time, so I still don't get it. maybe the light will get brighter if i keep reading the post:) I have ray franz's book and have read about 1/3 of it. it's a really slow read, but i will continue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit