I just found this site....THANK GOD!

by confused_101 38 Replies latest jw friends

• confused_101
    confused_101

Thanks for the warm welcome all! It's nice to be accepted somewhere. My beliefs these days...hmmm, I do believe that there is something bigger than man out there. I don't believe that we just crawled out of the goo and mutated into humans. I believe that we should all live our lives to the best of our ability and be “good” people. I don’t feel that I am a horrible person because I got involved with an “unbeliever”. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I thank God that he is in my life.

I was just thinking that it’s funny that the “pure” can’t associate with the DF or unbelievers for fear of being soiled by our/their filth. If they were as secure in their faith as they think then it shouldn’t be a big deal with talking to us/them. The only time that they will talk to us/them is to preach and to convert.

I know what I was brought up to believe, only 144,000 go to heaven and the rest of us live on earth (paradise, after we make it that). My mother-in-law passed away a little over a week ago, she was the sweetest woman that I knew. She was always active in her church, I guess you could say that she was a Christian (I’m not really sure). Her family all believed that she went straight to heaven, and there I am thinking that she is just going to rot in her grave and that is all (that sounds horrible, I know), and that God didn’t hear any of her prayers, the prayers asking for healing and the ones asking for grace and the strength to go through what she had to endure. She died of pancreatic cancer and she died in severe agony. That religious background seems that it will always be in the back of my mind somewhere.

If my parents hadn’t followed their almost non-active parents in this religion who knows what I might have been able to accomplish in my life. I was never able to play in sports, there was no support (unless it was about JW) there was no chance of going to college, no “extra curricular activities”. I couldn’t even call my classmates about a group project.

Sorry for rambling again…like I said there is so much rolling around in my head.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"If my parents hadn’t followed their almost non-active parents in this religion who knows what I might have been able to accomplish in my life. I was never able to play in sports, there was no support (unless it was about JW) there was no chance of going to college, no “extra curricular activities”. I couldn’t even call my classmates about a group project. "

Oh yes, I understand. Welcome. I don't believe in a higher power, and I do believe the science that shows we evolved, and are still. But you've come a long way already - there is so much more wonderful stuff to come.

You are going to be sooo happy that you found this site..

S4

• Bryan
    Bryan

confused_101... Great to have you here!

I was born/raised into "it" as well. In this life you have no chance. As you grow older and leave, you lose everyone... by default.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Take care,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.

I hope you learn to un-learn

Randy

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Confused,

You have a PM...upper-left corner.

AuldSoul

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Welcome!!! If you go back and read some of the previous posts there are tons of information out there to help you get through this period of adjustment. There are many websites and books that can be of help...the biggest key is to educate yourself and be able to mentally grasp the significance of what is happening to you and what has happened to you. Then you can get on with your life!

Swalker

• prophecor
    prophecor

C101, welcome. After spending some time here, I believe you will find yourself in a different place. This place was a bag of mixed blessings when I first arrived. I didn't want to believe all that I had been told about the truth was not all that there was. I felt like a fish out of water, struggling against the hands that could've helped me. I'm in a better place now, though I still, periodically, wrestle with the whole issue of faith and what to believe in anymore, it's good to see without the blinders being on anymore. Hope your journey is as good as can be.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    She doesn't seem to realize that it's just another religion that was created by a man, it's just his interpretation of the bible.

Bingo! So glad you made that call!

And so glad you found this site. It's been a huge help to my wife and I, I'm sure it will be to you as well.

Welcome!

Dave

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Confused, welcome! It is confusing, but you have found the right place! No one here will try to convert you, you are allowed to disagree, we talk about many things, both sacred and profane, we love a good laugh, and you will make many new friends. This is such a great support system, I'm sure you'll fit right in. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Sherry

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

I'm sorry you feel so lost and this is the typical aftermath of feelings of someone in your circumstances. Your're going to have replys from people about how much God loves you and find Jesus and all that jazz, but I believe the answer may lie in a different interpretation of God based on logical analysis. Is it resonable to assume that the current plight of mankind is based on the Biblical concept that a talking snake told a naked woman to eat a piece of fruit that would make her like God knowing good and bad and when she did that same God became angry according to Genesis 3 and God said that since they have become like us knowing good and bad they were to be cut off from the tree of life. So my analysis, what if they didn't know good or bad before eating the fruit some 6000 years ago, and by the way we have mammoths with spearheads in them dating back over l0,000 years, what the hell did they know and if you believe that horse crap then I have some ocean-front property to sell you in Arizona. God has to be bigger than that and the Jehovah of the Bible is a vicious, unloving God. A God that would avenge his anger with the death of all mankind on the above mentioned scenario, then require literally millions of animals to be slaughtered on alters to appease his anger, and the the gruesome sacrifice of his son because he got angry over the first human pair finding out what was good and bad. Then this awesome loving God leaves it up to just a few humans to get the message out to the rest of the world. What a God! If its so important why don't he just quit messing around and spell it out in the sky for all humans over the world to see so they can at least know the rules before they're killed for screwing up. Instead of doing something sensible, this God appoints his son as head of the church and that son lets the church, rape, pillage, and murder so much in his name that people of other religions think its a good thing to kill a christian. WHAT A GOD! You can probably sense by now my feeling about the Bible God. I have found great comfort in reasoning past this kind of God and I give strong consideration to the idea that the real God is not bound to any religion. Religion is a man-made system to control the masses. If religion can get you to think you're born in sin and you need a mediator,an elder, a faithful and discreet slave or any other type of religious go-between, they got you hooked and you've swallowed the bait, hook, line and sinker. GOD HAS TO BE BIGGER THAN RELIGION. LOOK IN YOU MIND AND YOUR HEART AND YOU WILL FIND HIM. THAT THE KIND OF GOD YOU CAN THANK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit