I just found this site....THANK GOD!

by confused_101 38 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I'm happy you found this site too.I just recently joined in ,and I can say it has already helped . It is so great to have a place were people understand what you're going through and you are free to speak your mind, it's wonderful. I can relate to you when you say you have so many thoughts running in your head....take your time .

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board...we are here to help, many of us here feel or have felt the same way. This board is amazing for healing.

Look forward to hearing more

es

• forsharry
    forsharry

Welcome Confused!

You've found a really good board. It's filled with all sorts! I was raised in the bOrg too, and can understand where you are coming from with these feelings of doubt and anger and aloness and maybe a little guilt. You'll find a lot of sympathetic ears and when you're ready a lot of them can help you with spirtuality on a chatty basis...or if you choose to go the other route via atheism or agnoticisim...well we've got our fair share of those too. What I'm trying to say is there is a lot of variety here. You'll find that shoulder to cry on in cyberspace, and you'll find lots of people here to share your victories too.

So welcome aboard the handbasket!

Forsharry, of the "Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?" Class

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Two Wolves One evening an old Mi'kmaq told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy,
    sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Mi'kmaq simply replied, "The one you feed" .
  • outnfree
    outnfree

(Gerard, loved that parable!)

confused,

I haven't read all the responses, but wanted to welcome you to JWD. And also to share this quote:

To be a person of truth, be swayed neither by approval nor disapproval.

Work at not needing approval from anyone and you will be free to be who you really are.

- Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

Good luck on your continued journey out.

• acadian
    acadian

Hello all !

And WELCOME, confused_101

We all have our own reaility, where we've been, what we've done ect.

And how we deal/look at that reaility will, to a point, determine our future.

I like to look at everything as a learning experence, and move on, grow, become more aware.

sometimes it can be a pretty bumpy road, don't let it slow you down!

Kind Regards
    Acadian

• delilah
    delilah
    Welcome, Confused.....I wasn't raised in the "truth", but my parents became witnesses when I was 10. So, i also know how it felt to be ridiculed, and ignored....I know how it felt to not have the holidays anymore, and suddenly, i could no longer visit with my "worldly" relatives. It hurt like hell.....I too, met a "worldly' man, who was my life saver......best decision I ever made, was to marry him, and get the heck out of the organization....stay, post often, and begin to heal your wounds. Lots of mighty fine people here.....
  • PoppyR
    PoppyR

Another welcome!! I'm fairly new here myself, but can SO understand and empathise with how you feel right now. There are highs and lows, the lows when you feel so cheated out of what you could have been and done.. but the highs when you realise you are still young (ish in my case!) have so much living to do and now are free to do whatever you choose. It's a very confusing and emotional journey, but it does get better, I cant tell you how bright the light gets every day round here on this board. Stay, post, and realise that you dont have to quantify anything just at the moment, just live and enjoy each breath.

Poppy xxx

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi confused, and welcome to the board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit