I got a visit this morning

by Crumpet 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

For the first time in 4 or 5 years I got a visit by the JWs this morning. I wasnt prepared at all and so handled it not so well. Bear in mind the leaflet on display just made me feel physically ill.

The woman asked if I was interested in finding out god's purpose for the future. My response was to laugh and say I'm not remotely interested - God doesn't exist. I feel sorry for you and then I shut the door as the sneery holier than thou woman said a sarcastic bye bye to the closing door.

I feel a bit pathetic but I wasnt dressed, I broke my toe (yes this is the second toe I've broken in recent months) stumbling on my broken leg out of the bathroom this morning and couldn't get my shoes on to go to work.

What can I say they caught me at a bad moment. At least it was clear my door wasnt marked down as a disfellowshiped persons abode so next time I'll try to be a bit more ready - mind you it may be another five years before they risk it!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg Crumpet, you poor thing! You'll get another chance.

Josie

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Crumpet,

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I think you're response was pretty cool!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Ooops, sorry about the double post...clumsy hands today!

I like your new avatar! You are so pretty! The other one you had just made me hungry! LOL!

I'm sorry you got the visit....bleck! What a way to start the day.

Perhaps when they come back you could tell them it was your twin sister who hate's the jw's! LOL!

WG

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

thanks why georgia - you have clumsy hands but i have clumsy feet and a clumsy mouth!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Why don't you call the local KH,apologize and ask if those two nice ladies could come back for a little chat?

Goldminer

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

goldminer - did i say there were 2 nice ladies?

one was a "nice lady" of about 36 - the pioneer who never married type. keeping up the rear was attractive italian looking 21 year old boy. now had he been on his own or doing the presentation i might not have been so abrupt. i might have had him in for coffee but i think the phallic ornamentation in the hall could have disturbed him...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

OMG - you turned away a 21 yr old Italian from your door????

He was probably a bethel boy. Hes probably GAGGING for it honey. I cant believe you made such a fundamental mistake! Im disappointed in you.

You get a 'W' for that.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Poor thing!

How is your toe? and your leg?

Brooke

p.s. I love the new avatar too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit