Things not to say or do in a job interview

by jgnat 16 Replies latest social humour

• VM44
    VM44

Never ask this in a job interview, even if it is true!

Wasn't one of the founders of the company involved in Black Magic and hung out with the founder of the Church of Satan?

This is actually the case for the Aerojet General company! The company don't like to admit it, and doesn't mention anything about it in their official company history.

--VM44

• daystar
    daystar

or in second person perspective - "You will give me the job..." *waves hand in front in Jedi motion* "You will ignore my attendance and pay me double the highest salary for the position..." *wave*

• Cori
    Cori

How many days can I miss did you say before the write up?

• Dune
    Dune

Dont be late to the interview.( this should be a given, but i've seen it)

PROOFREAD YOUR RESUME. employers dont like typo's

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Don't bring a kid to the interview and don't breastfeed during an interview.

Seriously, on one of the recruiting boards I read, there was one interview that was meeting with a candidate, who brought her kid with her. Apparantly the kid was 4 or 5 years old, and told his mommy he was hungry, so the lady just whipped out a boob and starting to nurse. The interviewer wasn't sure if she was being audited on the sly (her company often will get audited to make sure they are not violating employment laws) so she just continued with the interview. Needless to say the lady wasn't hired...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Don't bring a kid to the interview

Oops! I took my 2 year old and my 5 year old to an interview....they hired me sans the breastfeeding

Josie

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about this in the cover letter, "I am conscious and proof all my work."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit