Movies that make me cry

by Lady Lee 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
  • Beaches - I also have the sound track - even that makes me cry
  • Yup, Lee. After I had just found out about Kristi's bad prognosis (terminal) last January, I was driving down the highway and tuned into a Houston soft rock station on the radio. The second song they played was "Wind Beneath My Wings" and I just broke down and boo-hooed. Come to find out, it was the same song that Kristi had the orchestra play for her dance with her father at the wedding reception when she got married.

Hugs,

Frannie

• Jez
    Jez

Lorenzo's Oil (when they roll up the pictures of boys at the end of the movie, that would have been in a total dependent state, if not for the work of these parents, but they are playing, sliding, laughing, I bawl.)

Schindlers' List (sorry if spelling wrong)

Crash

Forrest Gump (when he sees his son and backs away, scared, saying "He he is not...like me...is he?")

How Stella got her Groove back (when her best friend is dying, or when her and her b/f hug at the airport at the end of the movie)

Of course, Steel Mangolia's (when Sally Field says "I was here when she came into this world and I will be here when she leaves")

• Angharad
    Angharad

Beaches and the colour purple didn't just make me cry ..... I was sobbing

Gladiator

City of Angels

What Dreams May Come

Lots of others that I can't think of, but I cry very easily at films.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Virtually all the ones already mentioned especially Gladiator, Green Mile and Schindler's List.

Also Braveheart, Phar Lapp and The Horse Whisperer.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Usually not attracted to movies that would have that effect on me. But on tv "The Waltons" and "Little House on the Prairie" usually did it.

Jeff

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

The one I just finished watching......

Mr. Holland's Opus....(waaaahhhhhh)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Elephant Man"

(A true story)

and "The Hours". I know what 'Bug' is going through when his mom leaves him with the babysitter. Especially at the end where Julianne Moore walks into Meryl's apartment, and says why she did it.

HB (of the "Holding it all Back" class)

• LDH
    LDH

How could I forget?

Glory with Denzel Washington

Dead Poet's Society with Robin Williams

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

• Life is Beautiful (the ending when the kid says "Ho Vinto! Ho Vinto!")
    • Schindler's List (a few spots, seeing the red dress on the cart hit hard)

I can't say I've seen that many films that induce crying though. I usually watch comedies, action and sci-fi flicks.

• Es
    Es

It takes a lot to make me cry these days but Finding Neverland did it every time i watched it. Great movie.

Cant really think of many others at the moment

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit