Movies that make me cry

by Lady Lee 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok I just finished watching Antwone Fisher. It's not the first time I've watched it.Not even the second or third time. I've seen it a lot. And every time I watch it I cry.

There are a lot of other movies that make me cry. Any movie where a baby is born will get me reaching for the Kleenex. Earlier today I watched The Color Purple. Well when the girls are parted I start reacing for the box. But when they are reunited and Celie meets her grown children the pain is unbearable. I feel the hurt and longing deep down inside of me.

I know a big part of the pain I feel about mothers who love their children comes from my past and knowing that my mother blames me for the things that went wrong in her life. I was unplanned and she married my father so I would not be illegitimate and they were supposed to give me up for adoption and get a divorce. Well the plan didn't work and they kept me and created a life of hell for their 4 kids.

Another big piece of it is from the shunning policies of the WTS. Not that I want a relationship with this woman but I miss not having a mother who ever loved me. She can't even pretend.

Sorting all this out and separating the mother-that-I- got issues from the shunning-JW-mother is hard to do.

Does anyone else have this reaction to certain movies? Heck never mind the movies - commercials will do it too.

Sometimes I just want to be "normal" - whatever that is.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I am a HUGE movie crybaby. If it has an emotional ending you can guarantee I'll be bawling like a baby.

The one that gets me everytime is actually the show "Extreme Home Makeover". I watch it every week and I'm pretty sure I've cried every time. Especially when there's children with disabilities... I pretty much cry through the whole show.

• prophecor
    prophecor

The Fischer King

Scent of a Woman

Gladiator

Dead Man Walking

I'm such a Gurlly Man

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings Lady Lee. Yeah, I saw 'Color Purple' when it first came out. One patron brought her baby to the show and at a crucial moment in the movie, the child began crying, boy was the audience upset.

I still enjoy 'Gone With The Wind.' As to crying, hmmmmmmm can't really think of one. But then again, you know us guys, right?

Sad to hear about your upbringing. It bothers me to no end when people have children and they can't take care of them, at least one parent. My mom had twelve kids and never did she ever touch or tell us she loved us. So, I can relate to your experinece. I pity my oldest sister, my mom gave her a rough time. Only two of the twelve are witnesses.

I wish all the best and you will be getting plenty of replies. Take good care.

Golf

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Sometimes I just want to be "normal" - whatever that is.

Isn't it normal to cry in movies? I do all the time so it must be normal, cuz I'm normal eh?

Just name one movie and if I've seen it I've cried watching it!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Steel Magnolias (when they pull the plug)

Mask (with Cher)

The Green Mile

Just to name a few, ((((((LadyLee))))))

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am Sam ....that was a hard one for me. Parts of it.

Patch Adams

There is so many more...thoes are just at the top of my head.

Brooke

• LDH
    LDH

The Shawshank Redemption (Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins) unjustly lost the Oscar to Forrest Gump

Awakenings (with Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro) must see

Gladiator

Backdraft

Elf (Happy tears at the end)

You are normal Lady Lee. You have emotions because you are human.

• Special K
    Special K

Beaches

Special K

• serendipity
    serendipity

SpecialK, I cried at Beaches too! Also at Black Beauty. I frequently cry after sad episodes of House. Then there are the commercials... I've become quite a crybaby in my old age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit